Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

evo parking brake grip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo parking brake grip

i'm pretty close to pilling the trigger on a new 08 MR. i want to know if you think the dealer will have trouble ordering the parking brake grip (aluminum finish) right now since it's an 08 model. and how much do you think they pay? on the canadian site, the thing is $500 by itself! also, is there an aluminum shift knob for the MR or is it just for gsr?

i want the dealer to give me that stuff free of charge on top of the $6K discount they're willing to give me. plus oem mudflaps. on the road price of $46K Canadian. This is for the Basic MR with no navi/sun roof. i feel they're willing to play ball to get rid of inventory and in this crappy car buying economy, the dealer is alot looser on giving breaks.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Yes the dealer can get the parts with no problem. Not sure about the MR knob. I tried to get a free sport package when I bought my GSR but they wouldn't budge since they had already given me 7k off the sticker...

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...mall=13&page=2
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:41 AM

There is an aluminum/leather shift knob for the MR, my car has it.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:42 AM

I like the way the shifter and brake grip look with the interior. Something so tiny adds soo much to the cars look.
Old May 28, 2009, 02:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how does the parking grip install anyway? just adhesive and overlay?
Old May 28, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
how does the parking grip install anyway? just adhesive and overlay?
The stock one is glued in but the aluminum ones use allen screws. Just dab on some blue lock-tite on the threads when you install and it won't come loose.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

If you do get it, becareful when you bring the seatbealt over i know a few people have put dents on their parking brake handle with the seatbelt clip.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
The stock one is glued in but the aluminum ones use allen screws. Just dab on some blue lock-tite on the threads when you install and it won't come loose.
so you detach the brake grip on the stock? i always thought it's just overlaid sort of thing.
Old May 28, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
If you do get it, becareful when you bring the seatbealt over i know a few people have put dents on their parking brake handle with the seatbelt clip.
how the hell...

never mind. i don't even want to know
Old May 28, 2009, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
so you detach the brake grip on the stock? i always thought it's just overlaid sort of thing.
Im planning on grabbing one of these off of ebay at one point; I think you have to break the thread seal on the stock one and unscrew it. There is some left to right play on the grip if you rotate it around the axis of the brake pull. Not 100% sure though. If anyone else has removed the stock grip, feel free to explain.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

I want the alum hand brake so bad! but I couldn't justify the 2 billzzz!

Last edited by jackygor; May 28, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old May 29, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

I highly recommend the OEM aluminum & leather shifter & parking brake. I got the dealer to throw in those two parts when I bought my MR and I love it to death. It makes such a difference it's incredible.
Old May 29, 2009, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stylean
Im planning on grabbing one of these off of ebay at one point; I think you have to break the thread seal on the stock one and unscrew it. There is some left to right play on the grip if you rotate it around the axis of the brake pull. Not 100% sure though. If anyone else has removed the stock grip, feel free to explain.
The stock grip is not threaded on. It's glued on. To take it off you simply take a hair dryer or heat gun and heat it up. Once warm you simply twist back and forth until you feel movement and then pull it forward and out.

I have the leather/aluminum grip and it helps make the interior look better as it's a very nice piece.
Old May 29, 2009, 06:40 AM

i have the brake grip and the shifter knob.. came with the MR.. its a 500 dollar option for both as a set... and yes the parking grip does get banged up with the seatbelt if you not careful or as i have dont twice with my red bull can... the dam thing seems not the BEST quality for that much money.... i would not have gotten it if it didnt come already installed with my car... it does look really nice but just dont see it as being made from Quality...
Old Sep 8, 2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
If you do get it, be careful when you bring the seatbealt over i know a few people have put dents on their parking brake handle with the seatbelt clip.
Yeah :/ that **** happened to me a long time ago, havent done it in about a year, but my e break looks like **** now, im in the process of finding a better looking one thanks to my dumb self

Quick Reply: evo parking brake grip