Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

HID's for GSR

Old May 27, 2009, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID's for GSR

Hi guys I'm new here at evolutionm.net. Is there an option for HID's for the GSR? I'm debating which car to get. BMW 1 series vs Evo gsr. I test drove both and damn the GSR was so nice and in terms of speed and fun factor I think the gsr was better but is lacking options. I'm coming from an audi a4 and have grown to love all the amenities it has but its too damn slow. The bmw is perfect because its fast and has a lot of added amenities but I like the all wheel drive of the evo. I could do without the comfort package and but no HID's for the gsr sucks. I dont want the MR either because I like manual cars.
Old May 27, 2009, 07:19 AM

GSRs get HIDs with the SSS package.
Old May 27, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, there is an HID option for the GSR.
Old May 27, 2009, 08:12 AM

the main reason for you to go with the BMW is the HIDs? wow.
Old May 27, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by denisk
I dont want the MR either because I like manual cars.
Don't knock it til you've tried it....
Old May 27, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

you would choose a bmw over an evo due to HIDS? I dont know what to say to that. But yes, you can get the SSS package and have a better sound system as well as HIDs.

Out of curiosity, what amenities are you going to miss that you cant get in the evo?
Old May 27, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

The SSS package isn't available in Canada, unfortunately.

You can purchase the HIDs themselves and simply plug them in. The dealership cost is a bit high, but if you can find someone who doesn't need them anymore (crashed, track car, etc), it might be cheaper.
Old May 27, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Webman
Some people still aren't interested and don't want to try it....like myself. The only thing appealing about the MR, is the seats.
Old May 27, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

I seen somewhere on the net that they making after market head lights for EVO x
What was the site?
Old May 27, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hassan!
I seen somewhere on the net that they making after market head lights for EVO x
What was the site?
i'd also like to know
it's kind of lame that they don't put HIDs in all the Evos...
Old May 27, 2009, 05:26 PM

Hid's for me is very important. There is something about hid's on a car thats very appealing. HID's are not the only reason I would pick the bmw over the evo. Options like comfort package, 8 way adjustable seats, sunroof, soft dash and fit and finish are some of the reasons I would buy the bimmer over the evo. But and a big BUT, the evo was amazing when I drove it hard yesterday. Thats why its so damn hard to choose. If there was some sort of nice option like hid's or sunroof it would make it a little easier for me to decide on the evo. But of course, canadians are late again. The sss package I guess is not available yet.
Old May 27, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Webman
+1 I tried the MR first and loved it. That gearbox is awesome. Ended up with the GSR mostly due to the price of the MRs at the time.

And are Canadian GSRs available with HIDs? I thought it was only the MRs.
Old May 27, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Hid's for me is very important. There is something about hid's on a car thats very appealing. HID's are not the only reason I would pick the bmw over the evo. Options like comfort package, 8 way adjustable seats, sunroof, soft dash and fit and finish are some of the reasons I would buy the bimmer over the evo. But and a big BUT, the evo was amazing when I drove it hard yesterday. Thats why its so damn hard to choose. If there was some sort of nice option like hid's or sunroof it would make it a little easier for me to decide on the evo. But of course, canadians are late again. The sss package I guess is not available yet.
HID package is sadly not available for the Canadian GSR...however, you can send it to places for retrofitting! Which cost around 500 bucks.
Old May 27, 2009, 06:21 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

I had an Evo X, then a 135i, then another Evo X. If you want a car with grip and handling, get the X. If you want a nice, plush car with an engine that responds awesome to very minimal upgrades, get the BMW. Realize that they are open differential, though, and its not a handling car by a longshot. They have crazy highway acceleration, though.
Old May 27, 2009, 11:56 PM

Just get the Evo X....its faster and looks meaner! You will scare the crap out of the guy driving the 135...lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HID's for GSR