Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Advice needed: Evo X purchase

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car a
Old Oct 26, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
It was just the bumper (and only the bumper) for exactly the reason you stated. The bumper was gouged and needed to be replaced. They painted it and the paint job looks good. The color matches the trunk lid and rear quarter panels very nicely. There was no blending of the paint on the trunk or quarter panels.

I guess the big question is...how much less should be offered for the car that was in the accident? Both are currently being offered at $29k. What's a fair amount to offer for the accident-car???
I would not go above 25k for car B. 29k is crazy on a used X anyway. They were selling new for close to that with the discounts several months ago. Like I said, I paid 24k for mine from a private owner and it was a cash deal.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

$29K seems high for both cars!

There may not be a lot of used Xs available in your area, but I would think your friend could buy used around $26K if the cars are in good shape.

I don't believe car B will go for 3000 less as some on here have stated. $3000 is a MAJOR discount for a car that has been repaired properly. I'd guess it would go for perhaps $1000 less than car A... you have to account for the addition of the aero kit too.

Like someone mentioned, I'd have your buddy thoroughly inspect the common modification points: exhaust, intercooler piping, intake, lowering springs, and perhaps even the engine cover for signs of removal. If there are any signs of mods (or mods being removed), I'd check and see if the warranty is still intact.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:03 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$29k is the asking price from the sellers. Both cars are fully-loaded (SSS, Navi and Aero kit) and had an MSRP just north of $40k. Either way, he won't be paying $29k

The biggest question is what discount should be applied to car B? Looks like the range is between $1000-$3000. $3000 does seem a little on the high side (like mentioned by the guy above me) since the repairs were done at a very high level. If it didn't appear on the Carfax, you would never know the rear bumper was replaced.

I'll let my buddy decide, but I think offering $1500 less for Car B sounds fair.

Agree?

Thanks everyone for all of your help. A new Evo X owner will be joining the group soon
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

yeah
car B would worth much less when u try to sell it
even if its a minor accident
its still listed in carfax
and that fact makes the car depreciate much faster