Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My 2010 Evo X gsr finally tuned.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had this set-up for about 2 days now. I have the non-resonated test pipe. My biggest concern was that it was gonna drone at highway speeds, it is only as loud as stock cruising on highway with a little different tone. Even cruising around the city, it isn't really loud. When you step the gas to the floor it roars pretty loud, but what a sweet sound. I did notice however that when slowing down, as the rpms drop under 3000, it drones a bit, or if you are just "lugging" at low rpms and step on it without gearing down it gets a bad drone until the rpms climb above about 3000. The way I look at it, most people wont be lugging their evo around, I noticed by accident when my kids were in the car. The car drives normal otherwise, push the gas and it launches you ahead with authority, I love all that torque. Also, the dyno was a Dyna Pack DP 4000. I will try to get my car up high enough and get u some pics of underside and back end. I will try to do that today.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:20 AM

It was on a Dyna Pack DP 4000. Both myself and my tuner were expecting bigger hp #'s. He figures I could of gained another 20 hp with a full intake. I screwed up by listening to other people talking about losing hp by sucking hot air from under the hood. I am kinda unsure on this issue. The stock air box does take in its air from outside the engine compartment.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:26 AM

It was a Dyna Pack DP 4000.
Edit: sorry for the re-posts on the type of dyno. I thought my replies weren't posting! I just noticed there was a page 2!! Lol. I am using my iphone and didn't see it.

Last edited by PhantomBlack; Oct 17, 2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: I am blind!!!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:47 PM

I have some pics for you Yoo Shin. I put the pepsi can under the lowest point of the whole exhaust which is where it goes under the rear axel. Stock suspension and wheels. There is about 3/8" - 1/2" clearance between the can and the exhaust. I also have posted a couple of videos on youtube if you wanna hear it. One is just a rev in my garage and the other is an in-car, 1st gear roll with flat out acceleration to a little over 140 km/h. Check it out at:

Evo X start-up and rev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FsdVaoxZ18

Evo X in car Invidia Turboback Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyd-XsNzdEc
Attached Thumbnails My 2010 Evo X gsr finally tuned.-img_0394.jpg   My 2010 Evo X gsr finally tuned.-img_0401.jpg   My 2010 Evo X gsr finally tuned.-img_0406.jpg  
Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:57 PM

Nice numbers man. Plans on making it faster or future mods?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

very nice!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack
I have some pics for you Yoo Shin. I put the pepsi can under the lowest point of the whole exhaust which is where it goes under the rear axel. Stock suspension and wheels. There is about 3/8" - 1/2" clearance between the can and the exhaust. I also have posted a couple of videos on youtube if you wanna hear it. One is just a rev in my garage and the other is an in-car, 1st gear roll with flat out acceleration to a little over 140 km/h. Check it out at:

Evo X start-up and rev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FsdVaoxZ18

Evo X in car Invidia Turboback Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyd-XsNzdEc
In the video sounds like you said 1st gear roll. You shift at 60 mph for the first time, you mean't second gear pull right? Otherwise my car is broken.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by EvilRob
In the video sounds like you said 1st gear roll. You shift at 60 mph for the first time, you mean't second gear pull right? Otherwise my car is broken.
Its 60 kmh. Bold numbers for a canadian vehicle would indicate speed in kmh. Its he other way around from the U.S. where the bold numbers indicate speed in mph. Blame Canada
Old Oct 17, 2010, 08:36 PM
OBP

Nice Numbers!
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by artax
Its 60 kmh. Bold numbers for a canadian vehicle would indicate speed in kmh. Its he other way around from the U.S. where the bold numbers indicate speed in mph. Blame Canada
Ahh ok that explains it all. I was going to say that is one fing fast Evo and it idles at such low rpms doing 20 mph in first lol. Funny how I didn't notice the speedo going up to 300.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Excellent numbers.
Cam is great at tuning torque monsters.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:42 PM

If you dont mind me asking, how is Cam at tuning? what did he charge? I am ready to get tuned as well and was either going to get Chris to tune me since I'm quite in need of one or go down to Red Deer.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Cam did my initial tune and he did a great job.
Chris did all my tuning thereafter and he knows his stuff.
I sent u a pm regarding your car. If you just bought it i know the fix

Originally Posted by Aurainfinity
If you dont mind me asking, how is Cam at tuning? what did he charge? I am ready to get tuned as well and was either going to get Chris to tune me since I'm quite in need of one or go down to Red Deer.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 09:02 AM
cis
Evolving Member

i love your exhaust!! and sweet numberss!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:29 AM

It cost me $1100 and some change for all labour, dyno, tune and taxes all in. My Invidia full turboback with K&N air filter, and cobb accessport was $2200. Cam seems like he really knows his stuff. I am no pro, but he definately knows what he is doing. He also owns an Evo x, so he knows the car very well.

Quick Reply: My 2010 Evo X gsr finally tuned.