Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Headlight condensation warranty denied

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 01:46 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlade
As someone mentioned, it could be a safety issue too, as now that it's winter time, seeing it in the morning also means driving in the dark.
Ya, wait until the crap freezes to the inside.. definitely a safety issue.

Pouring water inside to meet the TSB seems dishonest.. do it.

Mitsu deserves whatever they get for pulling crap like this.

And ya, my fogs fog-up on the inside too
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The previous TSB on moisture in the headlights was superceded by TSB 10-54-006 last February. I can't find it on the web, but it's probably worth chasing down.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for that info, I looked it up but couldn't find any information on that new TSB.

Anyone have a way of looking up Mitsu TSB's? Any help would be appreciated guys.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

I work for Audi and I have seen few headlight with condensation. Audi also has tsb stating the same thing, unless the headlight has alot of water in them they won't allow to change the headlight. I would suggest send them out to get blacked out and let them re-seal the headlight so you won't have the issue. It looks alot better anyways.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

They're the non-SSS headlights, so technically, they're already "blacked out".
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:36 PM

I had my passenger side lowbeam bulb explode just a couple of weeks after I bought it. I discovered that the bulb was not screwed into the housing properly. It took me two weeks to vacuum out the millions of shards of glass.... My solution was to replace the bulbs and not drive the car in the rain or when its humid. So far everything is fine.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:08 PM

sirsol, I totally hear you on this. I had the WORST experience with my Evo over what I thought was a simple warrenty issue. Bottom line it took me over three years to get close to a resolution and that was mainly because I eventually gave up and was tired of a bone stock evo sitting in my garage collectiing dust! I will never buy a Mitsu product again. I see you are in Ohio, i just moved here, maybe at one of the meets I will tell you my story. Bottom line, once corp gets involved its a waste of time because they don't look at the facts. Hope you have better luck then I though.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sirsol
They're the non-SSS headlights, so technically, they're already "blacked out".
you should look at the picture to see what I mean.

He seems like he does quality work.

Last edited by eclipsegsx012; Dec 22, 2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

That's what I'm worried about too, it really should be straightforward but I have the feeling that I'm going to be given the runaround.

Oh well, I'll pay off this car in a year and get rid of it before the value drops too much.

Originally Posted by Og Neon
sirsol, I totally hear you on this. I had the WORST experience with my Evo over what I thought was a simple warrenty issue. Bottom line it took me over three years to get close to a resolution and that was mainly because I eventually gave up and was tired of a bone stock evo sitting in my garage collectiing dust! I will never buy a Mitsu product again. I see you are in Ohio, i just moved here, maybe at one of the meets I will tell you my story. Bottom line, once corp gets involved its a waste of time because they don't look at the facts. Hope you have better luck then I though.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eclipsegsx012
you should look at the picture to see what I mean.

He seems like he does quality work.
That looks great, but honestly, the standard halogens aren't worth any money. I may just pick up a set of projectors if worst come to worst.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sirsol
That looks great, but honestly, the standard halogens aren't worth any money. I may just pick up a set of projectors if worst come to worst.
Yeah I understand what you mean. His turn around time is 2 days i think and it's under 300 shipping included. Unless you want to do the headlight yourself. I have few headlights and it's not that hard, just need time
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

PUT SOME WATER inSIde the headlight and bring it again.. what do u think??.. that tsb will not apply .. ul get it replace
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Or take a gun with you and force them to do it for free. I mean, once we move into committing a crime to get this done, why not go all in?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

^^A bit extreme, don't you think?

I decided that if they reject the claim, I'm just going to buy some of the ebay special chrome ones, black them out, and reseal them. Shouldn't cost more than 200 and at least I can guarantee that they're sealed properly.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

In case it wasn't clear, I was joking in response to the idiotic suggestion above mine. Committing fraud to get a headlight fixed counts as "idiotic" to me. Of course, he could well have been joking, too, in which case, I'm the pinhead.

Quick Reply: Headlight condensation warranty denied