Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 Instrument cluster help.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Instrument cluster help.

I just got my 2010 cluster back from getting the mileage matched to my 2008 cluster, and well, I think they broke it. Could any 2010 owners check their manuals and let me know what this icon means? http://imgur.com/bqmAgi3 Also, isn't the mileage supposed to be shown at the bottom on all screens? I have pictures of it working in my car before I sent it out, so I know it was working before...

Edit: Been messing around with it and it popped a code. U1180 - Combination meter time-out. Looks like I need to head to Mitsu and see what they say.

Last edited by shomesomesho; Mar 1, 2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shomesomesho
I just got my 2010 cluster back from getting the mileage matched to my 2008 cluster, and well, I think they broke it. Could any 2010 owners check their manuals and let me know what this icon means? http://imgur.com/bqmAgi3 Also, isn't the mileage supposed to be shown at the bottom on all screens? I have pictures of it working in my car before I sent it out, so I know it was working before...
you're correct, the mileage should be showing on the bottom of the screen, to the right of "ODO". As far as the icon goes, never seen it before.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:52 AM

So I went to the dealer, showed the service adviser the error symbol, and asked if they could hook up their scan tool to check what the error is. The service adviser went back and talked to his "master tech" for a few minutes. When he came back he gave me some speech about how they are VIN coded and that's why it's not working. I've read from many people that have done this swap successfully that it is a straight swap except for the mileage. I had put the new cluster into my car before sending it out for calibration and have pictures and videos of it working. I told him all this and he stuck to his VIN story, saying that a million people online could say something but that doesn't make it right and then started going into how they are the best service and they get Evos from all over the country that others can't fix.

So I asked what would happen if someone's cluster failed and they had to order a replacement. He said they would hook it up to their computer and transfer everything. "And you won't do that for me?" "No" So I left.

Any ideas what to do next? I contacted the speedometer company as soon as I realized there was an issue, but won't be able to get back in contact until Monday.

Last edited by shomesomesho; Mar 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would contact the Mitsu regional service manager.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 11:39 AM

I didn't make it clear in my first post, Mitsubishi did not do the Mileage swap, an independent shop did. I don't have any reason to blame Mitsubishi for this, besides not wanting to be helpful.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wasn't blaming anyone. I was answering your question as to what you should do. My suggestion is that you ask the regional manager if he or she can help you.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Iowa999
I wasn't blaming anyone. I was answering your question as to what you should do. My suggestion is that you ask the regional manager if he or she can help you.
Ok. I will wait until Monday to speak with the Speedometer company and if I can't get anywhere with them I will contact the Regional Manager. Thank you.