Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

About to change Drivetrain Fluids

Old Jan 20, 2014, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question About to change Drivetrain Fluids

Hey all, I'm about to hit my 60k service, and I wanted to switch my Evo to all Amsoil fluids, since I've been very impressed with their engine oil. I've done my research on what all needs to be changed in the differentials and stuff, so I wanted to confirm that others have used these fluids specifically, and if my quantities are correct. I tried looking at the stickied how-to maintenance thread, but all the pics/links are broken.

Amsoil 70W-90 MTL (3qt) for Transmission (I have a GSR)
Amsoil Severe Gear 70W-90 Lube (2qt) for Transfer Case (1qt) and Rear Diff (0.5qt)
Amsoil Signature Series ATF (1qt) for Rear Diff Transfer Case

Again, just wanted to see if anyone has used this combo with success and if I have my research right. Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 01:45 PM

I don't use amsoil but here are the quantities and OEM oil:

Transmission (transaxle) 2.6 quarts Mitsubishi genuine Dia-Queen New Multi Gear Oil SAE 75W-80 API GL-3
Transfer case 1.0 quarts Mitsubishi genuine Dia-Queen LSD gear oil
Rear Diff (for differential part) 0.58 +/- 0.02 quarts of Mitsuibishi Genuine DIA Queen Multi gear oil LS
Rear Diff (for Torque transfer mechanism) 0.58-0.63 quarts Diamon ATF-SP III

The rear diff has two drain plugs and two fill plugs the differential part would be facing the front of the vehicle and the torque transfer mechanism would be facing the rear of the vehicle.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AMTrombley0924
Hey all, I'm about to hit my 60k service, and I wanted to switch my Evo to all Amsoil fluids, since I've been very impressed with their engine oil. I've done my research on what all needs to be changed in the differentials and stuff, so I wanted to confirm that others have used these fluids specifically, and if my quantities are correct. I tried looking at the stickied how-to maintenance thread, but all the pics/links are broken.

Amsoil Severe Gear 70W-90 Lube (2qt) for Transfer Case (1qt) and Rear Diff (0.5qt)

Again, just wanted to see if anyone has used this combo with success and if I have my research right. Thanks!
Honestly brands are all preference. Me personally opted for the Mitsu OEM stuff on mine.

Also I'm pretty sure those fluids are 15k/30k. I'd consider changing your coolant with some OEM stuff.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 05:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AMTrombley0924

- The tranny is the MTG GL4 75W90 for a 5 spd GSR.
- Tcase and rear iff is the Severegear 75W90

When you said rear diff transfer case i think you meant the AYC on this car. just make sure that when you get the ATF it is an SP111 spec fluid.

Many other Evo 10s running these OILs with success.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 04:51 PM

I can't wait to give this set up a try, i have had nothing but bad luck since i switched to redline. At Higher RPM it grinds from 3rd to 4th. I am going to be personally running Diaqueen in the Tcase and Diff and Amsoil MTG