Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

compressor surge plz help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
compressor surge plz help

i got a terrible fluttering sound on my evo x after i installed an injen intake ...
dear god any genius can help a chicken to fix it up????? PLZ!!!!!!!!!:confuse d:
Old Jul 10, 2014, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check all your hoses and connections. Make sure you reconnected your BOV correctly.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Did you change to a new BOV when you installed the intake?

Chances are this is not "compressor surge." The stock airbox and intake tubing is plastic, creating some noise dampening. When you replace all the factory plastic with metal tubing, the car sounds, both good and bad come to life.

When I first installed my ETS intake, I had a fluttering I was sure was compressor surge. After taking it to my tuner and chatting about it, I now understand the noise isn't harmful, and is just more audible because of the aftermarket intake.

Just to be safe, I'd take the car to a reputable tuner and have them listen to the noise.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 03:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shekaar
Did you change to a new BOV when you installed the intake?

Chances are this is not "compressor surge." The stock airbox and intake tubing is plastic, creating some noise dampening. When you replace all the factory plastic with metal tubing, the car sounds, both good and bad come to life.

When I first installed my ETS intake, I had a fluttering I was sure was compressor surge. After taking it to my tuner and chatting about it, I now understand the noise isn't harmful, and is just more audible because of the aftermarket intake.

Just to be safe, I'd take the car to a reputable tuner and have them listen to the noise.
thanks for ur answer..i didnt install an aftermarket bov and yes thats flutter after i left the gas ans on low rmp...my frd told me its gonna be.fixed after iget a intercooler and whole pipe ...
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by zanny dos santo
thanks for ur answer..i didnt install an aftermarket bov and yes thats flutter after i left the gas ans on low rmp...my frd told me its gonna be.fixed after iget a intercooler and whole pipe ...
I'd venture to say an intercooler and solid piping will have no effect on the fluttering noise. See a real tuner who knows Evos. The only thing that may affect the noise is a tune.