Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do?

Okay so my 2013 Evo X now has a K&N typhoon cold air intake and UICP, a TurboXS 3" turboback exhaust, new Khumo tires, and an ACT stage 2 street clutch with a new flywheel. Give or take some cosmetic stuff. What sort of fuel/engine mods should I add? I've learned a bunch about forced induction and whatnot but I know jack squat about fuel, so I don't know what my car can handle or what would be best to upgrade, or what upgrades will need other things added as well to keep my car ruinning safely. Please give me any advice you have. Also, i'll be getting her tuned soon, so no worries. I'm smart enough to know I need one, just don't have all the money right now. I want to tune it before I start going nuts with more horsepower.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're just doing full bolt ons then you don't need any fuel mods (injectors or fuel pump). It would be a waste unless you're doing E85. I will suggest getting a 3 port before your tune and maybe a wideband. If you're going to track it, then get a surge tank because of the fuel starvation when making left turns with less than half a tank of gas.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!