Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should I go Single or stay Dual ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I go Single or stay Dual ?

whats going I need help evo owners !
I've been through this a couple times but I don't have much evo buddies and I want to know if I should stay with my ETS V2 Or if I should go ETS single exit or AMS ?
Im new to the Evo scene but I have some knowledge of somesort lol help me out !
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Whatever you like the looks of better. They all perform similarly.

I had the Invidia Q300 which I loved, and recently switched to the Tomei Expreme single. I love it even more.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by shekaar
Whatever you like the looks of better. They all perform similarly.

I had the Invidia Q300 which I loved, and recently switched to the Tomei Expreme single. I love it even more.
It's A lot bc I put it up for sale on Craigslist but idk if either or sounds better or perform wise , will the V2 with ETS test pipe or AMS test pipe sound better or with a single ? I want to mix things up with my exhaust system
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Thought this was a double pumper thread at first haha.

I would stay dual just because it looks more balanced on a X to me. However, it is your car, do what you think looks best.

-pal215
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Santiiago.23
It's A lot bc I put it up for sale on Craigslist but idk if either or sounds better or perform wise , will the V2 with ETS test pipe or AMS test pipe sound better or with a single ? I want to mix things up with my exhaust system
The V2 is a great exhaust. You should be able to get a decent amount for it if you sell, or many people would trade straight up for it.

Don't worry about performance. They are all about the same. Sound is relative. Listen to a bunch of clips on youtube of various systems, that might help.

I have an AMS downpipe, ETS resonated test pipe, and Tomei Expreme TI. It's ridiculously loud. I love it, other people might not.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also consider the law enforcement where you live. If cops are picky around where you live, consider keeping the ETS V2 since it looks similar to stock from the outside. I know cops are more prone to pulling over single exit evos.
Its a b**ch to get a ticket for an exhaust and then have to change it back to stock, get the ticket signed off, and then change back to aftermarket.

Cops here in SoCal are so F***ing ****, I know they gave one guy a ticket even when his evo had the stock factory exhaust on LOL
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:59 PM

Hmm

Originally Posted by shekaar
The V2 is a great exhaust. You should be able to get a decent amount for it if you sell, or many people would trade straight up for it.

Don't worry about performance. They are all about the same. Sound is relative. Listen to a bunch of clips on youtube of various systems, that might help.

I have an AMS downpipe, ETS resonated test pipe, and Tomei Expreme TI. It's ridiculously loud. I love it, other people might not.
I wonder how that sounds hmm any flames ??? Lol but I am selling it bc idk if I should switch or not ? I spent most of my time on YouTube this morning haha , I just got my X in June so I wana do so much
Old Oct 29, 2015, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been debating this for a while too. All the big hp guys seems to have singles. I love the sound of the invidia n1 with ams test pipe. Amazing. But the q300 sounds great too. I love the look of the Cobb quad but hate that it's heavier than stock.
I'd say go single!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

I could never go single. I hate the way they look.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Neither, fabricate a side exit solution, no cat, no mufflers - come out right by the passenger door. Do this with no consideration for practicality, your budget, your aesthetic, your long term interest with the car, regardless of your build, and only because I recommend it through an online forum.

I suggest I might need more coffee.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by PriusRepellent
Also consider the law enforcement where you live. If cops are picky around where you live, consider keeping the ETS V2 since it looks similar to stock from the outside. I know cops are more prone to pulling over single exit evos.
Its a b**ch to get a ticket for an exhaust and then have to change it back to stock, get the ticket signed off, and then change back to aftermarket.

Cops here in SoCal are so F***ing ****, I know they gave one guy a ticket even when his evo had the stock factory exhaust on LOL
here in nyc they give out summons for unreasonable noise. Make you show up to criminal court and pay 100$ fine. Ive gotten two of those in 3 years, with my very loud map o2 dump, ets testpipe and v2 extreme setup.

Since OP says hes in long island id suggest you keep it as quiet as possible..
Old Nov 2, 2015, 05:06 PM

Im sure i saw a thread with all the available exhausts for the evo, maybe run through that one day. I like both looks!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 05:12 PM

Here we go

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...st-thread.html
Old Nov 2, 2015, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Stay dual....just looks more modern than single exits.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 07:11 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I think the bigger question is if you want to save weight or not? There can be up to a 20lb difference between dual / single exit. May be worth considering if you're trying to lose any weight out of the X

Quick Reply: Should I go Single or stay Dual ?