Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

OEM Navigation Unit Bluetooth Compatibility Issues

Old Mar 16, 2016, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Navigation Unit Bluetooth Compatibility Issues

I am currently on the hunt for an OEM MMCS (Mitsubishi Multi Communication System) with instal kit for my 2012 Evo MR Touring (that has everything on it except the MMCS).
I've read couple of old threads about people having issues with MMCS Unit/Instal kit compatibility. The new unit is out of the question, not only because it is ridiculously expensive but it is also no longer available from the dealer. Instal kits are still available.
I need to know which version of the navi unit will be compatible with my car (2012 MR) that is equipped with bluetooth (FUSE-system) and which install kit should i get to work with my car and new navi unit.
From my readings i was able to find out that i should get the unit model that is N-04 or N-05 and an install kit with part# MZ360344EX. I've read that the instal kit with part number MZ360192EX will not work properly with FUSE bluetooth.

If someone knows correct part number and/or unit model for 2012 Evo MR and the correct install kit please share.
One guy also wrote that his car had a harness that was MMCS ready (meaning he didn't need a complete install kit, just the navi unit, mounting bracket, and gps antenna) I guess one way to find out is to pull my stock unit out and see if there are any extra unplugged plugs (that could indicate that the harness is ready to accept navi unit???)

If you have some solid knowledge on this subject your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by europaul; Mar 16, 2016 at 08:59 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:01 AM

I just upgraded by 2012 GSR....

You need an N-05 MMC 8750A238 and install kit MZ360344EX

Install was a breeze and took about 30 minutes: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-evo-10-a.html

If you decide to add a backup camera, that is easy too, and you can use the existing harness from the install kit.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by kcn0
I just upgraded by 2012 GSR....

You need an N-05 MMC 8750A238 and install kit MZ360344EX

Install was a breeze and took about 30 minutes: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-evo-10-a.html

If you decide to add a backup camera, that is easy too, and you can use the existing harness from the install kit.
Thats what i needed to hear. I will order the install kit from the dealer while it's still available and look for some used N-05.

After an instal did you have to go do the dealer to synchronize the system?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by europaul
Thats what i needed to hear. I will order the install kit from the dealer while it's still available and look for some used N-05.

After an instal did you have to go do the dealer to synchronize the system?
I purchased the install kit from here... saved me around $100 and they adjusted the shipping costs (to the actual shipping cost) after it shipped:
https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...catalogid=5507

It was plug and play... no need to get the dealer involved.

FYI - It took me about 10 months before I found a good, used unit at the right price. The same nav units were also used on Outlanders... which may broaden your options and allow for a quicker search.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by kcn0
I purchased the install kit from here... saved me around $100 and they adjusted the shipping costs (to the actual shipping cost) after it shipped:
https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...catalogid=5507

It was plug and play... no need to get the dealer involved.

FYI - It took me about 10 months before I found a good, used unit at the right price. The same nav units were also used on Outlanders... which may broaden your options and allow for a quicker search.
Good to know, i had a feeling that it may take a while to find a good unit. I am glad i asked for your advice cause i almost both mint N-03 unit on eBay ( as we know that is good for 2008-2010 models)
Old Apr 8, 2016, 08:22 PM

Just FYI - I found a nice used OEM unit from 2013 Evo GSR (N-05 model) including wiring and bezel. The install took 30 min and everything worked including steering wheel control and bluetooth. Dealer coding was not required. I paid $650 for everything vs 2500 as quoted by my local dealer, so i am happy