Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

one bad night

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one bad night

so saturday i was playing catch up to a Ferrari in my 2015 evo x gsr and it just so happens that i missed a gear and now its slipping. one mistake it all took for the clutch to go ? weak , btw my car has 4,600 miles. i have been doing extensive research and still not come to a consensus so here it is . which 2 or 3 clutch are for spirited and "track" aka my neighborhood lmao are great for this. seriously tho the car does not get babied and never will i have a heavy foot and i loved redlines but the majority of these Research are mostly all for dd so it be really helpful you guys just drop clutches name and other shenanigans i should do since im replacing it (first time ever clutch replacement yay how tos)

FYI i dont launch the car but like i said i beat her up and i need a clutch that takes a considerable beating
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
I tried to understand but I cannot.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
-Trying to catch Ferrari
-Missed a shift
-Clutch slips now
-what clutch will handle abuse as he races cars around his area on the street

That's what I got out of it anyway.

I don't own a X but my next clutch will be a Comp
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
This guy has to be trolling..
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
A heavy foot isn't going to hurt your clutch, once the clutch is engaged there is no more wear.
Shifting badly between gears without letting off the gas, that will definitely tear up a clutch.

You can drive hard all day and not hurt your clutch, you just need to let off the gas during shifts and try to rev-match. Or at least let out of the clutch quickly so it reduces the slippage time.

edit: why would you even try to play around with a Ferrari? I don't even want to know what kind it was, they could be trolling you and you still wouldn't catch up.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How does missing a shift result in burning up the clutch?

Did you miss the shift and then rev the **** out of it while clutch was in the friction zone?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like your transmission is going out. Time to sell your car and part out any aftermarket parts you have on it.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
The real question is did the Ferrari know you were racing?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 02:21 PM

It was my friends Ferrari lol he's horrible at driving so did catch up to him at a point (yes it was not a straight away and it there was cars present )

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
-Trying to catch Ferrari
-Missed a shift
-Clutch slips now
-what clutch will handle abuse as he races cars around his area on the street

That's what I got out of it anyway.

I don't own a X but my next clutch will be a Comp
Old Mar 23, 2016, 02:22 PM

It was a friends and he sucks at driving and you got it I got to excited cuz I caught up to him lol
Originally Posted by Evo>PS4?
A heavy foot isn't going to hurt your clutch, once the clutch is engaged there is no more wear.
Shifting badly between gears without letting off the gas, that will definitely tear up a clutch.

You can drive hard all day and not hurt your clutch, you just need to let off the gas during shifts and try to rev-match. Or at least let out of the clutch quickly so it reduces the slippage time.

edit: why would you even try to play around with a Ferrari? I don't even want to know what kind it was, they could be trolling you and you still wouldn't catch up.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you list having a MR in your profile, which should have an automatic (SST) transmission, in which you cannot "miss" a shift. So, how did you do it? Or troll post?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 05:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
this gonna be good
Old Mar 23, 2016, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Dandbest
you list having a MR in your profile, which should have an automatic (SST) transmission, in which you cannot "miss" a shift. So, how did you do it? Or troll post?
yeah dude, sst and miss shift. can you explain how you did it? and ummm, street racing is not cool bro but cool story.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 07:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did your sticker add 20hp?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Well in the post he said he was driving his 2015 gsr, so his profile must be incorrect. But either way, I'm not sure how you glazed over the clutch anyways? What do you mean by you missed the shift? Did you accidently downshift? Or just didn't get it in gear all the way and revved the engine?

edit: You say he sucks at driving, but most newer Ferraris like 2010+ or so don't even offer manual transmissions. So there's nothing he could suck at, just put it in auto and hit the gas, slow down and turn, then gas again.

Quick Reply: one bad night