Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Help me out please

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me out please

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=337330

I made an update on where im at but no one replied so maybe this forum has what it takes. Im completely stumped o what the problem is
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So...... I am not sure what your issue is but how did you confirm that your ECU was the issue before? You said it was the ECU and purchased another one and that didn't fix it? I am no expert but as long as i have been on here i haven't really seen an ECU just go bad out of no where.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:19 AM

The old ECU was fried somehow
Old Apr 4, 2016, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
If the plugs aren't even sparking when cranking then you should have addressed this issue to begin with. Have you checked all 4 plugs for sparks? Tried replacing the plugs? Have you checked if the distributor is getting power when cranking? I've never seen anyone say their ECU was the problem, the ECU wasn't the problem because you still can't start the car with the new one.

I think the previous owner is bull****ting you. My guess is he did something when he drove it, ****ed something up, towed it home, and put it up for sale with "Idk what happened, but now it won't start"
Old Apr 4, 2016, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Epyon
If the plugs aren't even sparking when cranking then you should have addressed this issue to begin with. Have you checked all 4 plugs for sparks? Tried replacing the plugs? Have you checked if the distributor is getting power when cranking? I've never seen anyone say their ECU was the problem, the ECU wasn't the problem because you still can't start the car with the new one.

I think the previous owner is bull****ting you. My guess is he did something when he drove it, ****ed something up, towed it home, and put it up for sale with "Idk what happened, but now it won't start"
I actually went today to see the car and the dude on the phone told me they programmed both of my keys but when I got there the keys wernt even letting me unlock/lock the car so I asked the guy at the desk why my keys won't work he asked one of the techs and the tech said they weren't able to program the keys so I'm guessing they didn't program the ECU properly so I'm saying f**k the dealer I'm gonna take it to a tuning shop where they specialize in EVOs. If anyone ever is thinking about taking there car to a dealer don't do please just try and figure out the problem yourself if you can't bring your car to a reputable shop that has acces to a MUT III!