Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ETS V2 vs Quiet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
ETS V2 vs Quiet

I know this has been covered but all the threads are semi older and didn't want to bump an old *** thread.

I'm coming from the Cobb oval exhaust and just got the V2 catback installed. It's loud and on the highway it bothers my ears. City driving it sounds awesome, I love the exhaust overall. I have an AMS dp and AMS HFC as well. I'm wondering if I'll get use to it or should I pick up the ETS Quiet axleback?

For those that have the Quiet, does it sound like the V2 just quieter (I know that sounds dumb) I've watched so many youtube videos but hearing it in person is different.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
V2 is loud but i don't daily my car so i love it. If i DD my evo i would never ever get it. Go quiet if it bothers you bro.. it just gets louder when it is fully broke in.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks man. It does sound amazing.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 09:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I had to go with an exhaust I'd go with the quiet. I have never heard it in person and am only going from my amateur youtube research so if anyone can chime in that would be perfect. Seems like the reasonable exhaust that has a little grunt to it when accelerating but quiet enough you can start up the car at 6 am without having your neighbor jump out of bed with his eyes glued to the window wondering what exploded in front of his house
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the quiet on mine. It's a bit louder than stock while highway cruising but really shines at the lower end I think.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 05:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I've got the V2 with a test pipe, it's loud but I love it. It's my daily and I'll never change it.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
V2 Quiet on my X, absolutely love it. Has a nice deep, low rumble to it. Civil around town and on the freeway yet sounds like a monster when you floor it
Old Apr 26, 2016, 06:22 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
How many of you have a resonator on your V2 Quiet exhausts?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the ETS Quiet on the X MR after a weekend track day event it's almost as loud as the normal V2 offering from ETS or even the Extreme. Mabey for one of the newer Evo owners it passive, but I'm 35 DD this exhaust with a test pipe is persuading me to go back to a stock exhaust. It's just to loud for me on a day to day basis.

^ I was thinking of getting a resonated test pipe, but I have a feeling it will need one addition on the mid pipe to keep it modest.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by migs647
How many of you have a resonator on your V2 Quiet exhausts?
No resonator here MAP 02 dump + non resonated ETS test pipe + non resonated ETS V2 Quiet. Love my setup
Old Apr 26, 2016, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I was able to pick up the Quiet axleback last night for a steal. I'm going to try and put it on tonight. I don't have any stands or jack so it should be interesting.

The biggest issue I have with the V2 is when you let off the gas the drone is so loud. Every other time it sounds so amazing.

I think with my AMS DP and HFC the Quiet should sound pretty good.

I like hearing the exhaust, with the Cobb all I heard was the intake.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud0307
Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I was able to pick up the Quiet axleback last night for a steal. I'm going to try and put it on tonight. I don't have any stands or jack so it should be interesting.

The biggest issue I have with the V2 is when you let off the gas the drone is so loud. Every other time it sounds so amazing.

I think with my AMS DP and HFC the Quiet should sound pretty good.

I like hearing the exhaust, with the Cobb all I heard was the intake.
Please report back on how you like the quiet once you get it installed. I have the v2 "regular" as well (just cat back, everything else stock), and I love it.. although it's definitely loud when you let off the gas like you said. It hasn't really bothered me a ton, but I've always wondered if the "quiet" is really that much better.

Also, you just got the axle back, so you're using the stock mid pipe w/Resonator? I ordered a mid pipe from ETS as well with no resonator, so mine is a bit louder. I've been curious if adding a resonator would help much or not.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

I will for sure man. I have an AMS downpipe and AMS HFC and the cat back is the ETS. I will hopefully get it put on tonight and report back tomorrow
Old Apr 27, 2016, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud0307
I will for sure man. I have an AMS downpipe and AMS HFC and the cat back is the ETS. I will hopefully get it put on tonight and report back tomorrow
I must have missed the mention of those other parts.. I'm stock everything else, and letting off the gas is crazy. I'm not sure if I'm excited or scared to actually swap out the rest of my exhaust system anymore lol..
Old Apr 27, 2016, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdean531
I must have missed the mention of those other parts.. I'm stock everything else, and letting off the gas is crazy. I'm not sure if I'm excited or scared to actually swap out the rest of my exhaust system anymore lol..

Haha ya man, it's only going to get louder. I have a bigger turbo as well so that just adds to it. I won't be able to put it on until Friday

Quick Reply: ETS V2 vs Quiet