Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

For sale question???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 09:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For sale question???

If someone PM's me an offer on an item i am selling in the for sale forum and i accept......Should that person honor the offer they made?

Just curious on people's thoughts. I've bought and sold a bunch for stuff on RC Helicopter/RC Car forums and every time I've accepted an offer the other person makes good on their offer.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 09:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They better be. In a way, it is an informal contract by the seller and buyer.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
They should, buts its the internet so yea..
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:10 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
I'm use to people backing out. Especially on local craigs when selling parts. Seems like it's just a feeler to see how low you'll go. I like the people that make an offer, you accept... and then they ask if you can wait a month while they save the money. Good stuff
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by .M.
I'm use to people backing out. Especially on local craigs when selling parts. Seems like it's just a feeler to see how low you'll go. I like the people that make an offer, you accept... and then they ask if you can wait a month while they save the money. Good stuff
that's a good one. Never happened to me yet.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Should they? Of course.

Are they under any obligation what so ever? Not one bit.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 06:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
never believe its real until pay pal has been sent
Old Oct 14, 2016, 07:35 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itsmyturn
that's a good one. Never happened to me yet.

You wouldn't believe how many times I hear it. Pretty much every time I try to sell something
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If i make an offer, i am ready to buy. I guess it bothers me a bit when i take the time to read and reply then "buyer" disappears. Being I am in my mid 40's the older i get the more i value my time. If i am going to waste my time, at least be respectful and tell me things have changed. I guess i am getting to be a crotchety old man.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:00 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Right there with you man. I'm almost tempted to ask for a pic of the cash with their name/number next to it. For sale forum rules style
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a people told me they will buy it and ended up disappear. I mean i understand but at least gotta let me know. Lol
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I believe they should or don't waste people's time. I don't even request information or ask questions unless I have the $$$.

But this is the internet so (story Time)- I even have had highly rated eBay store fail to deliver and cancel my order. At least they gave me back my cash, but I had ordered it for a Christmas present. By the time they canceled it was getting late to find another. It's just a pain.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:48 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
The worst is when you agree to meet somewhere to do the deal, they tell you they are on their way, then completely flake out and never show up. Another one i hate is when you they do show up but then try and haggle the price down even after agreeing to a price before setting the meet up.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
The worst is when you agree to meet somewhere to do the deal, they tell you they are on their way, then completely flake out and never show up. Another one i hate is when you they do show up but then try and haggle the price down even after agreeing to a price before setting the meet up.
These are norms and the way of the world, and it will only get worse as time goes by.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 02:19 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Had a motorcycle up for sale. Guy came to see it. Calls me a week later and we agree on a price/offer. Shows up with $200 less than what we agreed on. I walked away and kept the bike. Boy was he pissed

Quick Reply: For sale question???