Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How much did color play into your purchase?

Old Jan 8, 2017, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric blue!!
Old Jan 10, 2017, 07:45 PM

I only considered white or black. Passed on many other colors. Might be on my heads but those black and white ones seemed to sell quicker and for more money.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Colour had 0 to do with my purchase, the price and low km (miles) on mine had everything to do with the price. I got mine for less than most asking prices for ones with over 150000-200000km and mine only had 20000km with perfect/clean record.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 09:28 AM

Since the Evo X is the last gen and you're thinking of keeping it for the long haul, maybe see if you can find which color models are more rare? For example, how many Wicked Whites or Graphite Grays for a particular year. I think Octane Blue is new for the MR for 2011.

Or, you can think of how you might modify the exterior of the car. If you get W.White and like Black, Bronze, or Dark Gray wheels... white gives you that contrast.

I have Graphite Gray because it shows less dust in the Arizona desert. I also couldn't make my decision between White or Black so I went kinda in the middle. Haha

Just some different ways of thought!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

It's never played any part in any of my evo purchases. This time around I really wanted a Rally Red FE because I have never owned a red evo. But I waited too long and by the time I was ready to buy they only had white and gray left so ended up with another white one. Grrrrrr

Last edited by justin81; Jan 16, 2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:13 AM

When I was searching for my evo, the only color I didn't want was Red. I really liked the Blue and GG, but couldn't find any that were reasonably priced. So I finally found a great deal on my Evo, only issue was it was Red. I bought it with the intentions of painting or wrapping it, but never got around to it
Old Jan 27, 2017, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Settled on Octane Blue, Wicked White or Cosmic Blue back in 2013. Went with WW.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo addict
I had a cosmic blue MR shipped from Virginia to Nebraska as there were almost none left at the time of my purchase. I really love the understated car. I also had the car color corrected and coated and covered in xpel. The cosmic blue looks amazing clean and buffed correctly. I get a ton of complements on it when I take it out from older car guys not just fanboys like you usually get from the bright colors and big wings. I have never gone for yellow or red cars and have always liked a more subtle and low key look. Also draws less attention from cops.
Totally agree on this front. I spent a very long time trying to find a clean car in Cosmic Blue. The area I live in has some "overzealous" traffic law enforcement and color felt the most conservative to me.

But yeah, even a nearly untouched car needed quite a bit of paint correction. The blue looks stellar in the sun after getting it cleaned up.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Only color I was interested in was Wicked White - after owning a few black cars back - to - back (optima, M3) I'd had enough of the OCD paint twitch.

In all honesty I'd probably be in another M if I hadn't found my Evo when I did.

-ash
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Wicked White does look ridiculously good on the X.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It was between black, or gray. Already had a blue, red and white cars. Decided on gray because black looks dirty a lot quicker. lol
Old Jan 31, 2017, 08:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Color was about everything. Needed to be WW.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It played a huge deal, I made a fuss at the dealership cause I couldn't find a white or blue one (they said there was no more brand new gsr's of that color in california) I thought it was dealer bs but when I called around it was true. I ended up with Rally Red (which is funny cause I made a comment on here saying it wasn't that great of a color and that I wished it was more bright like pure red sti). I just wanted something flashy, red is the evo color and isn't that common so im happy with that choice. (not my car below, but that pic sold me on the color)
Old Feb 1, 2017, 01:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I searched until I found my octane blue evo x. I wouldn't accept any other color.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I'll tell you what played a bigger part for me was finding one with SSS package - leather and sunroof. I absolutely was not gonna buy a EVO without those 2 things.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much did color play into your purchase?