Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Getting ready to install OEM Recaros on FE, quick question

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting ready to install OEM Recaros on FE, quick question

Hey guys, this weekend a buddy and me are going to install some OEM Recaros from a GSR into my FE. I've been combing through the sites, but still need confirmation on the following:

1) Is the driver seat plug and play, or do I need to do anything special? I know the weight sensors are needed from the FE for the passenger seat.

2) Do I need to switch the seat belts from my FE onto the Recaros?

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2017, 08:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
As long as your Recaros you got have the positioning sensor in there, you're good on the drivers side. My positioning sensor was gone, so needed to pull that from the factory seat and put it into the Recaro. You definitely need to change the seat belt buckle. For the record you only need to do this on the drivers side.
Old May 10, 2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by JustEVOx
Hey guys, this weekend a buddy and me are going to install some OEM Recaros from a GSR into my FE. I've been combing through the sites, but still need confirmation on the following:

1) Is the driver seat plug and play, or do I need to do anything special? I know the weight sensors are needed from the FE for the passenger seat.

2) Do I need to switch the seat belts from my FE onto the Recaros?

Thanks!
so the driver's seat is plug and play except you will have to swap out the seatbelt. you will have dismantle a few plastic clips and that's it. it's super straight forwards, three color coded connections. I know nothing electrical / wiring wise and did this with ease. you will have to swap seatbelts on both sides. also, swapping over the weight sensors on the passenger side is real easy too. makes sense what you have to do when you have the seat out. don't forget to disconnect your battery like 5 mins before you start messing w the airbag connections just to be safe ! good luck, let me know if you have questions. have done this swap on four '15s now
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by SheWentToJared
so the driver's seat is plug and play except you will have to swap out the seatbelt. you will have dismantle a few plastic clips and that's it. it's super straight forwards, three color coded connections. I know nothing electrical / wiring wise and did this with ease. you will have to swap seatbelts on both sides. also, swapping over the weight sensors on the passenger side is real easy too. makes sense what you have to do when you have the seat out. don't forget to disconnect your battery like 5 mins before you start messing w the airbag connections just to be safe ! good luck, let me know if you have questions. have done this swap on four '15s now
I just bought recaros for my 15 and the recaros didn't have the brackets on them so all I have is the yellow cord nothing else. I'm assuming I'm screwed but any help would be great. Thanks