Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Can't decide on new color alloys

Old Mar 4, 2018, 09:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't decide on new color alloys

So, I am about to order new alloys for my Evo X. My car is Apex Silver. I have narrowed down the color to two and both are the FQ400 wheels from Italy. Black.. or Anthracite Gray. They also do a polished silver, but with car already silver, not sure that would be a good idea. Here are two pics red Evo X's from the UK with black and the Gray Excalibur's. What which would be the better fit to an Apex Silver X?

Anthracite Gray Excalibur

Black Excalibur

Here's an Apex Silver with black rims. These are not the FQ400 wheels.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
I'd say black, the dark gray tends to look washed out / dirty against a gray car, imo.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with black Enkei PF01 for my apex silver and love the contrast it gives. Still have my stock silver gsr wheels that I run during the winter which look nice but only after a wash. Having black wheels allows you to get away with more brake dust build up between washes, which is also a win haha. Read your other post about the wheels you want to order from Europe which look nice, but there's alot of other options for less than $2,000 you can get locally in the US. Ordered my wheels from Oakos for alot less than that and easier to get a replacement if anything ever happened.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Awhiddon81
I went with black Enkei PF01 for my apex silver and love the contrast it gives. Still have my stock silver gsr wheels that I run during the winter which look nice but only after a wash. Having black wheels allows you to get away with more brake dust build up between washes, which is also a win haha. Read your other post about the wheels you want to order from Europe which look nice, but there's alot of other options for less than $2,000 you can get locally in the US. Ordered my wheels from Oakos for alot less than that and easier to get a replacement if anything ever happened.
I am leaning toward the Black. But I do love these arcasting. I will look at your site and see what looks interesting, but will let you all know where I end up.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hyper black looks great on silver cars. Honestly, I love silver wheels on a silver car too. It looks so clean.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Warpath
Hyper black looks great on silver cars. Honestly, I love silver wheels on a silver car too. It looks so clean.

I would have gone with the Platinum Arcasting but they don't make them any more. They do a polished silver but from the site.. looks too close to the color I already have on the car. I think it would look odd. Here is an image of an FQ360 in the Isle of Man in Apex Silver with the Platinum Arcasting wheels and the FQ400 Hood. It is.. just a damn fine bad looking machine. Love the hood, and the arcasting wheels in that color are sublime. They are almost a match for my BBS alloys that came with the car ( I will keep those for the winter tires).

Arcasting Platinum and FQ400 Hood

FQ360 with FQ400 Splitter, Hood and Wheels. I so want this hood!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey there! Joining the conversation a bit (really) late. To OP if you’re still open to suggestions. You can never go wrong with black wheels but then again that’s everyones go to color. Which is not bad. I think maybe red or some darker shade of it would look good. Look up “gray car red rims”. Idk. It’s different. Also grey and a dark blue is pretty cool. Anyways, that’s my two cents! Good luck with your choice! ����
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:14 AM

No too late at all! I have not made the decision yet. To be blunt, the new Recarro's will be going in first, then the aerokit, then Ralliart Cat Back exhaust and air filter.. and then finally the arcasting's. By the time all is said and done, this will be a $67,000 car. As for the black wheels, it would appear every one is doing them now. It seems every where I look I see them.. Mercedes, Range Rover, Chevy.. the list goes on. Hell even WA state patrol are kitting their cars out with tinted windows, side door air deflectors, black rims... etc. The list goes on. I pulled up to two patrol cars in Medina last week and had a good hard look. Not impressed! Whey do they need that gear on their cars?
I digress. I wish I knew some one who is good with photo shop so they can color over apex silver onto the FQ400 shots above with the black and dark gray wheels so I could see what it looks like.