Infinite options, seeking suggestions - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Infinite options, seeking suggestions

Old Apr 14, 2018, 01:10 AM

Infinite options, seeking suggestions

Going to be ordering some bolt ons within the next couple of weeks. Starting off with ETS UICP, ETS turbo back with the single exit, ETS intake, grimspeed boost controller. Also boost/AFR/oil pressure gauges. Always seeing CEL's gets on my nerves a bit so I wanted to see some peoples thoughts on high flow cats vs regular test pipes? Also was looking into SSP's 10 disc clutch pack since I have an MR and am wanting have something like a PTE5858 kit installed at some point in the future so I wanted to have the clutch squared away. If anyone could throw me some advice on anything MR related that would be extremely appreciated before I start diving into this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

As a previous MR owner, approach all of this with caution and ensure you have a tuner that can tune for the MR transmission. If I had a time machine, I would have just added a drop in Cosworth filter, and enjoyed the car.

If you are for sure going forward with this, find a tuner first, then work with them to add the mods and tune for it. There are some good tuners out there, but understand if anything goes wrong with the transmission, it can be hyper expensive. (both to repair, and to replace)

Good luck, but I'd highly recommend just the filter and live life.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 01:33 PM

Did you go with a local tuner and had issues or what? I was wanting to have a local well known shop do my work and maybe go back and forth with kozmic to mess with the trans.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 12MR View Post
Did you go with a local tuner and had issues or what? I was wanting to have a local well known shop do my work and maybe go back and forth with kozmic to mess with the trans.
I live in Houston, and ONLY had Kozmic do all part installations and tuning. Having them in town was the only reason I bought an MR over a GSR at the time.

So after three years of having the MR, I come to you with that advice, after only having the best in the business work on my MR.

Drop in filter, then get some Ohlin's for suspension, and enjoy the car. Still my advice!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 02:03 PM

Straightpipe vs. HFC is something that each owner must decide on his own. If you don't care about noise, stink, or environmental impact; Straight pipe is probably your choice. If any or all of those things matter to you, HFC will not rob you of much power, especially if you buy one of the newer Ultra High Output GESI convertors. Those things are truely awesome in the fact that they are EPA-approved and a single Catalyst can flow up to 800hp.

Gauge technology has come a long way from the 90's and 2000's.
things like the Innovate EFC-1/ECB-1 allow for a lot of info to be displayed in a singe 52mm gauge.

Also, people are embracing the ability of Android head units to interact with OBD/Bluetooth interfaces and display almost any piece of data imaginable in a custom gauge layout on the center display.

Last edited by Zergburger; Apr 18, 2018 at 02:12 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: