Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dual exhaust issue?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual exhaust issue?

So I install a Manzo catback exhaust on my 14 gsr. I barely had maybe like 300 miles on it. What I noticed is that the driver side is black like smog from the inside but the passenger is barely anything at all. When it’s on idle, i put my hand behind and i feel more pressure on the driver side then pasenger side. Is this normal? I heard it is because turbo cars work like this or something.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
The EVO is actually fundamentally a single exit, that is then split to two primarily for cosmetic reasons. You can get a single exit exhaust for this reason. If you're running with a lot of black smoke, you may have some parts on the car you are unaware of so would need a tune for those parts potentially. You're in Texas, so Kozmic Motorsports is a FANTASTIC EVO shop to hit up if you wanted someone to look it over, they are in Houston.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Yeah there is only 1 midpipe. The muffler just has two tips coming off. Under low load the exhaust will find the path of least resistance. Under high load/boost it will likely make use of both exits. But really it could be a single exit car, the two tips are just for show. (Two tips are twice as good as one, four are event better)
Old Jul 14, 2018, 05:53 PM

Thanks for the reply’s means a lot 👍
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:46 PM

I had someone at an exhaust shop told me that the reason this happens is because the majority of exhaust gases are exiting one side at whatever point the exhaust becomes two pieces. Likely, the there is no proper Y split. Manzo, as far as I know, is a fairly cheap exhaust and I'd say they don't spend too much time on researching for a proper dual exit exhaust with similar flow to both tips.