Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AEM boost gauge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM boost gauge

First off, Mods please move if wrong section. Ok guys, so I installed my AEM boost gauge on my Evo X, mind you this is my first time installing it. So I noticed the vacuum line provided is smaller than the vacuum line we’re suppose to tee in to. I had some extra 5/32” vacuum line which is just barely bigger than the provided vacuum line and definitely smaller than the stock lines. My question is, with the smaller vacuum line I had to replace the stock line with, Will it affect the readings on the boost gauge? I already tried to zip tie the stock lines on to the tee and it didn’t do anything. Thanks for your help guys
Old Dec 2, 2018, 06:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Not much help here, but i just installed the same AEM gauge but i already had an OEM boost gauge.

My only suggestion is if you need tie wraps to keep the hose coupled, thats no good IMO. The hose should be snug enough where tie wraps are not needed

The diameter should not affect the readings. The DIA only affects the time involved to charge the line & at these minor differences there will be no affect at the ultimate pressure at the sending unit (at least thats my understanding)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 06:36 PM

Oh ok great. Yea I actually asked my friend and he pretty much had the same response. As for the tie wraps, I used zip ties for the new vacuum lines at the tee to be extra secure. With the new hoses I ran, they were pretty snug already.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 06:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Bernoulli's principle

The pressure is the same on the Left vs Right

Old Dec 2, 2018, 08:42 PM

Haha that’s awesome. Good to know.