Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo x Gsr transfer case whine ?

Old Dec 31, 2018, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x Gsr transfer case whine ?

Alright most likely i think i know what is the issue which might be the transfer case going bad but there supposedly reasons it can be something else. I heard it can be the ayc pump going bad and to disconnect the relay but where is the relay at ? i cant find it at all and wouldn't hurt to unplug to check. Supposedly the pump has to be bled thus why i want to find the relay. i heard it can be a the fuel tank shield that is rattling but i hardly doubt it. Can it also be the rear diff? So this how the issue is notice. Whenever im going faster i heard i whine whenever im going faster and when i give it gas. The moment i stop giving gas the whine stop. The whine goes away when i pop it in neutral. i am tune so a visit to the dealership is not a option lol. I have change all fluids like 4000 miles ago and yes it was whining before. My evo has 52xxx miles. I live in houston texas so most likely im going to kozmic (my tuner) for a checkup. i have a video attached. Please help if you know something and no i can't take off the transfer case because i don't have a lift and necessary tools. I would like to but that is stopping me.
youtube.com/watch?v=RsFtai63krk

So yesterday night i did some runs and it was recorded. The noise can be heard of the outside pretty loud. Any ideas what could be ?
youtube.com/watch?v=o5x3VyV6uqc

Last edited by kingdarksouls; Jan 1, 2019 at 07:59 AM. Reason: update
Old Jan 3, 2019, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds pretty bad. Is it gear dependent?

Search this Thread