Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Catback Comparison: AMS Single Exit vs Invidia N1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Catback Comparison: AMS Single Exit vs Invidia N1

I've been looking through exhaust options and have decided on these two for my '13 evo X:

AMS CATBACK Single exit SS
Sound clip:
Price: I have a used option (less than 10k miles on car) nearby and he wants to sell for $375. Might be negotiable.

or

Invidia N1 HS09MEXGRT Racing Single Layer Cat-Back Exhaust System with Titatnium Tip
Sound clip:
Price: New off amazon - $478

Any pros and cons would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how the drone and performance compare. What actually comes with the brand new exhaust system? The used AMS seller says he only has midpipe bolts but not gaskets. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by DesertDog57; Jan 28, 2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 05:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll just throw my $0.02 here. If you are deciding between these two, I would go with the AMS one. Only because looking at the exhausts, the AMS has less bends in the system. The invidia has a huge bend right before the can. Id rather have an exhaust with as minimal bends as possible. Would it affect performance? not at all. But it's just personal preference..

And don't worry about gaskets. Even if he had then included you'd never want to reuse an exhaust gasket. They are so cheap that you might as well replace them and avoid an exhaust leak. FWIW, I splurge and get the grimmspeed double thick gaskets. Pricey but they are thicccc. Haha
The following users liked this post:
DesertDog57 (Jan 31, 2019)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 07:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah I ended up liking these two because they both have minimal amounts of bend. I think they are really similar so its just a matter of sound. I wonder if the difference in sounds between these two is heavily reliant on other bolt ons?