Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

60K service under the "severe" maintenance schedule

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
60K service under the "severe" maintenance schedule

Does anyone actually change the coolant hoses and drive belt like the maintenance manual says to do at 60K?
I've spoken to the largest local dealership, which gets a good number of Evo's, as well as a local mechanic for a reputable shop. Both told me they think it's unnecessary, and havent ever seen anyone proactively change coolant hoses or drive belts.

I do track my car, so I want to be diligent, but my drive belt and hoses are visually in great shape. Obviously I can check it occasionally and any visible deterioration would prompt me to replace right away.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Feels more like a 100k wear item to me with todays materials.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Feels more like a 100k wear item to me with todays materials.
I think I'm just going to monitor the belts and hoses going forward, until around 100K
Old Mar 15, 2019, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Did my 60K not long ago. Just did a visual inspection of the coolant hoses and drive belts. As you have noticed, they're in pretty good shape. So on they stay.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donny_utah
Did my 60K not long ago. Just did a visual inspection of the coolant hoses and drive belts. As you have noticed, they're in pretty good shape. So on they stay.
I had to go to the dealership to pick up a few parts, coolant and such. Both people I spoke to there said they've never seen an EVO X proactively changing either hoses or belts. It's just a monitor type of item.
They see more EVOs than anyone in the state, aside from maybe one or two local performance shops that specialize in a few cars, Evos included.