Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

anything else to consider?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
anything else to consider?

so Im looking to order general precautionary things for my 2014 X from MAP. In my cart so far I have a radium engineering clutch stop fork, orange fuel pump relays. (up to date? feel free to correct me if im wrong). my question is, like the title states, are there other things I should consider adding to my cart? sorry if this is a littler vague.

Last edited by Blue_Lion; Mar 11, 2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
What year is your EVO? That drives a lot of those sorts of answers. If you have a 2011 or older, I'd check to ensure you have the revised timing chain.
The following users liked this post:
Blue_Lion (Mar 11, 2019)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
What year is your EVO? That drives a lot of those sorts of answers. If you have a 2011 or older, I'd check to ensure you have the revised timing chain.
its a 2014. I can see how that's useful so I think ill go back and make that edit!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Then you should be 'good' unless super high mileage. Are you an MR or GSR? If you are an MR just know when you last changed the transmission fluid - outside of that just read up on regular maintenance you need to perform at X,Y,Z interval, and where you fall on your mileage do what seems logical of the cited items to refresh. (sometimes things are a bit ambitious to replace things as part of a 50k maintenance for instance, so you may opt to do those at like 80k or something - just track what you've done over time so you know you hit them all)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Then you should be 'good' unless super high mileage. Are you an MR or GSR? If you are an MR just know when you last changed the transmission fluid - outside of that just read up on regular maintenance you need to perform at X,Y,Z interval, and where you fall on your mileage do what seems logical of the cited items to refresh. (sometimes things are a bit ambitious to replace things as part of a 50k maintenance for instance, so you may opt to do those at like 80k or something - just track what you've done over time so you know you hit them all)
it’s a GSR about to hit 21k. Which lands on the next oil change as per the manual. I think I’ll go ahead and try out the cocktail mix for the transmission oil now that you mentioned it. Other than that I appreciate your help! Thank you.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue_Lion

it’s a GSR about to hit 21k. Which lands on the next oil change as per the manual. I think I’ll go ahead and try out the cocktail mix for the transmission oil now that you mentioned it. Other than that I appreciate your help! Thank you.
Yeah I've heard good things about that cocktail -

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...ishi-evo-x-gsr

With so few miles you're solid just enjoy the car they are nice and reliable as long as you don't go too crazy with them