Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Help buying exhaust:/

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2020, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help buying exhaust:/

Hi guys ! I’m new to this forum I’ve been wanting to surprise my boyfriend with something for his evo &’ I know he’s been wanting a new exhaust. He said he was looking into getting an 2.5” / 3”. I was just wondering what would be better &’ what brand would be good. Price doesn’t really matter I just need help please. He has a 2005 evo 8.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 147 Likes on 121 Posts
street use or track? Go with a titanium exhaust imo he wont be disappointed, either greddy or hks if money isn't a consideration. Tomei expreme ti catback is also my top choice but if I were to choose a winner its greddy. best overall tone. lightweight.
The following users liked this post:
2jzlexusnewevo (Jun 22, 2020)
Old Jun 22, 2020, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AllAccessedEvolution
street use or track? Go with a titanium exhaust imo he wont be disappointed, either greddy or hks if money isn't a consideration. Tomei expreme ti catback is also my top choice but if I were to choose a winner its greddy. best overall tone. lightweight.
it’s going to be mostly for street use for awhile. But thank you so much for the options &’ opinion ! I seriously appreciate it !
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
STM single exit exhaust. Lighter than stock (18 lbs I believe), sounds great AND you won’t break the bank for it.
The following users liked this post:
2jzlexusnewevo (Jun 24, 2020)
Old Jun 24, 2020, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Important question here.. How much are you planning on spending? This price can go from around $500-$3000
Old Jun 24, 2020, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
https://www.maperformance.com/collec...ishi-evo-x-gsr

There are also single exit exhausts and dual exit exhausts. Meaning one exhaust tip, or two exhaust tips (like the stock ones). Single is usually cheaper. But I would suggest to check out MAP in that link.. ^^^ They sell a bunch of different brands that you can look at, read reviews, and have good prices. Not to mention great customer service.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 09:17 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Tomei!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 09:21 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
folks....op posted in the wrong sub, they are shopping for an evo 8. It helps when you read the post.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 03:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hello! So there a few factors to consider. Weight, Size, Loudness, and other exhaust parts. Down-pipe, test-pipe, high-flow cat, resonator, these are all other parts that bolt up to the exhaust that can change the car just as much as an exhaust. Size from a performance perspective, 3in is the way to go; but you'll have a louder car! (Meaning you have to deal with that :P). Weight is the x-factor since there is little down side to a light exhaust. The car weights less so that car can go faster! That is why titanium exhausts are super popular. You can't go wrong with exhausts from Greddy, Tomei, Invidia, Tanabe, or HKS. They all have different choices based on the parameters I listed. I like the Tanabe Medallion Touring because it's classy and quiet but I can't deny the performance of the titanium Tomei Expreme Ti. It is just too loud for me. Especially since I have a down pipe and high-flow cat.

Then you have baller exhausts from ARC, Garage, or Amuse.. (2k+!!)
Chances are you don't want to spend that much