EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   When is Mitsu going to announce actual pricing? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/308172-when-mitsu-going-announce-actual-pricing.html)

Hanzo Nov 17, 2007 05:23 AM

When is Mitsu going to announce actual pricing?

I know they want to wait to see what subaru does but are they going to announce actual pricing anytime soon? No I'm not talking about everyone's rumored price range. I'm talking about down to the dollar and what are the costs of options.

Canexican Nov 17, 2007 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hanzo (Post 4964895)
I know they want to wait to see what subaru does but are they going to announce actual pricing anytime soon? No I'm not talking about everyone's rumored price range. I'm talking about down to the dollar and what are the costs of options.

Subaru has already announced pricing, so there is not a whole lot of point in holding off any longer. Maybe they don't even know what they want to sell it for? I won't be buying one for quite awhile, if ever, so I can't say I care too much. I want to see how it reacts to mods and see some official performance data before I even think of giving up my IX :D .

evo_z Nov 17, 2007 08:34 AM

Damn it, MMNA should release the numbers already so that I can decided whether to trade in my 8 for the X, trade in my 8 for another car or keep and start modding it. I'm already disappointed with the STI's pricing I hope the X will come in at a reasonable price. Slight OT, looks like the STI camp got shafted with not just the price but also with the engine redline (looks like it only goes to 6700rpm!)

Canexican Nov 17, 2007 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by evo_z (Post 4965176)
Damn it, MMNA should release the numbers already so that I can decided whether to trade in my 8 for the X, trade in my 8 for another car or keep and start modding it. I'm already disappointed with the STI's pricing I hope the X will come in at a reasonable price. Slight OT, looks like the STI camp got shafted with not just the price but also with the engine redline (looks like it only goes to 6700rpm!)

My one buddy is a real STI whore and he feels very betrayed. He was planning on getting the hatch STI (admitting that it was hideous, but didn't care), but then saw the pricing and said no way.

evo_z Nov 17, 2007 09:18 AM

Subaru has gone soft IMO, at least the X is somewhat still hardcore although it could potentially be a porker.

lemmonhead Nov 17, 2007 10:54 AM

39,999 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvilRob Nov 17, 2007 11:09 AM

So what was the price for the new STI if anyone cares to share :)
(Like base price and fully loaded price)

gizmotoy Nov 17, 2007 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by EvilRob (Post 4965507)
So what was the price for the new STI if anyone cares to share :)
(Like base price and fully loaded price)

Base is $35.6k including destination.

With BBS wheels + fog light package is $37.6k

With BBS wheels, fog lights, and navigation systems it is $39.4k

dklau33 Nov 17, 2007 11:22 AM

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123533

Originally Posted by Edmunds
LOS ANGELES — Subaru of America on Thursday said the 2008 WRX STI will start at $35,640, including a $645 destination charge, when it goes on sale in early January. That base price reflects a $1,520 increase over the outgoing model, which started at $34,120, including a $625 destination charge.

The '08 STI with the BBS wheel package starts at $37,640. The top-of-the-line '08 STI with the BBS wheel package and a navigation package — a new option that includes an integrated vehicle information center — starts at $39,440, including shipping.

Standard items include new side-curtain airbags, high-intensity-discharge low beams with manual height adjusters, and an AM/FM premium stereo with six-disc in-dash CD changer and 10 speakers.

The '08 STI is equipped with the revised 2.5-liter Subaru boxer engine that produces 305 horsepower at 6,000 rpm, a gain of 12 hp over the previous model.

What this means to you: It's a bite, but not a giant one, as Subaru prices its 2008 WRX STI. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

With this pricing I can see the base GSR coming in at $33.5, base MR coming in at $37.5 and the MR with Technology slighlty under $40.

EvilRob Nov 17, 2007 11:25 AM

Thanks guys :D

evo_z Nov 17, 2007 04:01 PM

Man, these are big jumps in pricing for both cars considering when the 03 evo came out, it was MSRP'd at $28k and the STI was at $32k. It wasn't uncommon then to get a GSR for under $30k out the door. I think I may be keeping my 8 after all.

thj17 Nov 17, 2007 05:57 PM

On the EVOxforums, a member wrote that He called the dealer and the seller told him that's the prices will be revealed monday morning...

Hope it's true and hope Mitsu Canada will follow in the next days...

ilovemye46nevo8 Nov 17, 2007 06:35 PM

i will have the answer to all your pricing questions within the next couple days or so. PM me if you have any questions. i just ordered my evo X inventory and im very sure that everyone here will be pleased with the packages that im ordering them in.

kilgoja Nov 17, 2007 07:00 PM

man this sucks...i thought my evo was way too much at 36k....i don't think i'll ever spend that much on a car again.....looks like they are gonna lose a lot of potential customers....gonna become just another rich man's car before too long like a porshe or a ferrari....just like the nissan gtr...i mean really the people that want these cars can't afford them

jackygor Nov 17, 2007 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by ilovemye46nevo8 (Post 4966439)
i will have the answer to all your pricing questions within the next couple days or so. PM me if you have any questions. i just ordered my evo X inventory and im very sure that everyone here will be pleased with the packages that im ordering them in.

When are you guys getting the MRs? :D