EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   WTF is wrong w/my Evo - PART II (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/389062-wtf-wrong-w-my-evo-part-ii.html)

EvoG8r Dec 22, 2008 02:24 PM

WTF is wrong w/my Evo - PART II

In my original thread, I had posted that my clutch was slipping. After taking it to the dealer twice, my warranty claim was denied due to the clutch not being covered under warranty. The dealer wanted $1800 in order to tear down the car and see if there was a contributing factor that might end up being warranteed. I decided, that was too expensive of a gamble for me and I declined. I initiated a case with Mitsubishi customer service because I felt that it was unacceptable to deny a claim at 600 miles for anything and then force me to pay for my own diagnosis.

I noticed a consistant leak from my Evo that was not engine oil, but it was some kind of oil. It reminded me of the BG that I used on my old Evos.

I dropped off my Evo at Mitsubishi again due a leak by the tranny. They just called back telling me my rear main seal is leaking which is why my clutch is messed up. So needless to say it will be covered... BUT I ordered an ACT clutch from TTP and they won't put it in because its aftermarket unless I pay them to do it.

ddawg1130 Dec 22, 2008 02:34 PM

pay how much? will they cut you some sort of deal?

typac69 Dec 22, 2008 02:37 PM

usually they wont install twin discs.. but usually all aftermarket they are able to... but its oem dealer they do what they want..

Rguy Dec 22, 2008 02:38 PM

Of course they wont install anything aftermarket for free. When something breaks under warranty you get the same part replaced, not something else.

HudsonFalcon Dec 22, 2008 02:40 PM

Is there another dealer around you that may be a little easier to work with?

sspaladin28 Dec 22, 2008 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rguy (Post 6494781)
Of course they wont install anything aftermarket for free. When something breaks under warranty you get the same part replaced, not something else.

I think you are missing the point. He isn't asking them to pay for the new clutch he ordered, but rather to install it instead of the replacement OEM one they are already going to replace under warranty. The work is the same effectively so there is no reason they should not do it, especially because they would now have a record of him having AM parts in his car that could impact later tranny issues. Since Mitsu loves to find reasons to deny warranty claims, this would be a perfect opportunity for them to install it at no extra cost to themselves and use it as a reason later.

Before someone says dealers won't install AM parts when doing a Warranty replacement, I have had it done.

Good luck OP

Tunerhead Dec 22, 2008 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by EvoG8r (Post 6494719)
In my original thread, I had posted that my clutch was slipping. After taking it to the dealer twice, my warranty claim was denied due to the clutch not being covered under warranty. The dealer wanted $1800 in order to tear down the car and see if there was a contributing factor that might end up being warranteed. I decided, that was too expensive of a gamble for me and I declined. I initiated a case with Mitsubishi customer service because I felt that it was unacceptable to deny a claim at 600 miles for anything and then force me to pay for my own diagnosis.

I noticed a consistant leak from my Evo that was not engine oil, but it was some kind of oil. It reminded me of the BG that I used on my old Evos.

I dropped off my Evo at Mitsubishi again due a leak by the tranny. They just called back telling me my rear main seal is leaking which is why my clutch is messed up. So needless to say it will be covered... BUT I ordered an ACT clutch from TTP and they won't put it in because its aftermarket unless I pay them to do it.

WTF my rear main seal was also leaking, but they told me it did not leak on the clutch (it was "dry") so that was not the reason my clutch was slipping. :mad:

xhooniex83 Dec 22, 2008 03:20 PM

Why don't you just drive with stock clutch untill you have to replace it?

wevo1985 Dec 22, 2008 03:22 PM

hwo many miles do you have? clutch should be 1 year 15k warr.

EvoG8r Dec 22, 2008 04:42 PM

Clutch had no warranty. First time to dealer was at 600 miles. Second time at dealer was at 1000 miles. Third time at dealer is now 1100 miles.

Hopefully, they don't give me that BS that the clutch was dry. IF that is the case, hopefully they will work with me on putting the ACT in there. If not, I'll be going to another shop to have that fixed too.

I have worked with dealers in the past to get warranty work done and have them use an aftermarket/improved part. This one is new to mitsubishi and I don't think they are comfortable playing that game.

HudsonFalcon Dec 22, 2008 07:40 PM

I don't understand how and why they would say that the stock clutch isn't under warranty, with only 600 miles on the vehicle, especially since they get reimbursed from Mitsu for doing warranty work. That's the only reason why I think they would be reluctant to install your aftermarket ACT clutch.

EvoG8r Dec 23, 2008 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon (Post 6495827)
I don't understand how and why they would say that the stock clutch isn't under warranty, with only 600 miles on the vehicle, especially since they get reimbursed from Mitsu for doing warranty work. That's the only reason why I think they would be reluctant to install your aftermarket ACT clutch.

I didn't even mention using an aftermarket clutch to them until last night when they had found the cause of the leak. I told them I had already ordered a new clutch due to the warranty denial. I asked if they would install that instead of the stock clutch and they said they can't.

The clutch is not warranteed ever. So the district rep just denied the claim.

goofygrin Dec 23, 2008 11:20 AM

Who is the dealer? (PM is fine) They likely are butthurt because you bought the car from SC rather than them.

jsyang15 Dec 23, 2008 11:33 AM

wear and tear items... boo

aftershock141 Dec 23, 2008 04:38 PM

Did they fix your other problem? Have them fix that, then take the car somewhere else and have the clutch replaced with an aftermarket one.