EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Whats up with the turn signals on the X? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/421969-whats-up-turn-signals-x.html)

woodyqb May 19, 2009 04:35 PM

Whats up with the turn signals on the X?

Is anyone else having issues with the turn signals? Half of the time they dont turn off automatically unless its like a 90 degree turn. To make things worse they hardly emit any noise and the steering wheel blocks my view of the dash light. I have only had the car for a few days but I've already noticed several times that I've been driving for a while with my blinker on because it didn't click off at the last turn. Is there anyway to make the signal louder in the car? I can only hear mine if there's no music on and even then it's still quiet.

Blue_CobaltSS May 19, 2009 04:40 PM

lol ya the signals are the down side. my cobalt was loud ticking when they were on. you get used to it. im not gona let me get turned off by the car just cause of that. but ya we all noticed them and we hate it. lol hope the designer got shot for that one

macPSU May 19, 2009 04:43 PM

The blinkers are really quiet. We've all driven down the road for 5 miles with the blinker on, old lady style. It happens to the best of us.

BlueBlurSTi May 19, 2009 05:26 PM

i actually like how they arent too loud. I always pay attention while driving so I dont drive with it on. It also has a tap for 3 flash lane change feature if yall didnt notice!

Ltdanish07 May 19, 2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by BlueBlurSTi (Post 7078724)
i actually like how they arent too loud. I always pay attention while driving so I dont drive with it on. It also has a tap for 3 flash lane change feature if yall didnt notice!

yeah its pretty neat.

Yeah, the turn signals are a pain. Im glad im not the only one to feel like an old man by leaving the signals on {thumbup}

Clark_Kent May 19, 2009 06:16 PM

I experience those issues as well. I never really viewed it as a problem or even given it an afterthought. Its just one of those things that make an Evo X...well, an Evo X.;)

atombomb33 May 19, 2009 06:50 PM

Typical for a car like the Evo with a short steering ratio. It was the same on the Evo IX I had before my Evo X. You'll get used to it :)

sith_killer_99 May 19, 2009 07:21 PM

I have the same problem with the RA! lol :lol:

visionz May 19, 2009 07:25 PM

I cant tell you how many times I've driven down the street with my blinker on until i get to the next turn.

Webman May 19, 2009 07:57 PM

I like how quiet they are, but I do notice that occasionally they don't turn off when making only 45-90 degree turns

mike100 May 20, 2009 05:44 AM

I like the muted click

I like the way the triple flash works (you can cancel it mid flash)

I'm like a dog off a leash at every intersection so nobody is going to care that my indicator is still on when I'm way ahead.

SRT4 to Evox May 20, 2009 07:53 AM

Serously!!

I always forget I leave it on and I figure it out 5 minutes later on the freeway.

Also anyone having this problem as well where you adjust the steering wheel just where you want it and you cant see the the signal lights or any of the light icons?!

I am only 5"7 and I think my arms are pretty normal at length. I brought the wheel down a little and I cant see anything! frigin bugs when you have a light up or something I dont notice it till ltater

Dimitri13 May 20, 2009 07:56 AM

Meh. I learned to drive on a car where the turn signal level didn't go back to normal when you turned. I'm used to it I guess :D

Webman May 20, 2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by SRT4 to Evox (Post 7080759)
Also anyone having this problem as well where you adjust the steering wheel just where you want it and you cant see the the signal lights or any of the light icons?!

I am only 5"7 and I think my arms are pretty normal at length. I brought the wheel down a little and I cant see anything! frigin bugs when you have a light up or something I dont notice it till ltater

IMO, it's the recaros and the way you sit in them. When I had my 09 Lancer GTS, I didn't think anything of it. Now I feel it's difficult to get just the right setup.

neng1987 May 20, 2009 09:06 AM

i would suggest if your making slight turns just push the signal either up or down ( not clicking it) cuz if you dont make a wide enough turn it wont shut off.