Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Whats up with the turn signals on the X?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up with the turn signals on the X?

Is anyone else having issues with the turn signals? Half of the time they dont turn off automatically unless its like a 90 degree turn. To make things worse they hardly emit any noise and the steering wheel blocks my view of the dash light. I have only had the car for a few days but I've already noticed several times that I've been driving for a while with my blinker on because it didn't click off at the last turn. Is there anyway to make the signal louder in the car? I can only hear mine if there's no music on and even then it's still quiet.
Old May 19, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol ya the signals are the down side. my cobalt was loud ticking when they were on. you get used to it. im not gona let me get turned off by the car just cause of that. but ya we all noticed them and we hate it. lol hope the designer got shot for that one
Old May 19, 2009, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The blinkers are really quiet. We've all driven down the road for 5 miles with the blinker on, old lady style. It happens to the best of us.
Old May 19, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i actually like how they arent too loud. I always pay attention while driving so I dont drive with it on. It also has a tap for 3 flash lane change feature if yall didnt notice!
Old May 19, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlueBlurSTi
i actually like how they arent too loud. I always pay attention while driving so I dont drive with it on. It also has a tap for 3 flash lane change feature if yall didnt notice!
yeah its pretty neat.

Yeah, the turn signals are a pain. Im glad im not the only one to feel like an old man by leaving the signals on
Old May 19, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

I experience those issues as well. I never really viewed it as a problem or even given it an afterthought. Its just one of those things that make an Evo X...well, an Evo X.
Old May 19, 2009, 06:50 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Typical for a car like the Evo with a short steering ratio. It was the same on the Evo IX I had before my Evo X. You'll get used to it
Old May 19, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

I have the same problem with the RA! lol
Old May 19, 2009, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant tell you how many times I've driven down the street with my blinker on until i get to the next turn.
Old May 19, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

I like how quiet they are, but I do notice that occasionally they don't turn off when making only 45-90 degree turns
Old May 20, 2009, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

I like the muted click

I like the way the triple flash works (you can cancel it mid flash)

I'm like a dog off a leash at every intersection so nobody is going to care that my indicator is still on when I'm way ahead.
Old May 20, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Serously!!

I always forget I leave it on and I figure it out 5 minutes later on the freeway.

Also anyone having this problem as well where you adjust the steering wheel just where you want it and you cant see the the signal lights or any of the light icons?!

I am only 5"7 and I think my arms are pretty normal at length. I brought the wheel down a little and I cant see anything! frigin bugs when you have a light up or something I dont notice it till ltater
Old May 20, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Meh. I learned to drive on a car where the turn signal level didn't go back to normal when you turned. I'm used to it I guess
Old May 20, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SRT4 to Evox
Also anyone having this problem as well where you adjust the steering wheel just where you want it and you cant see the the signal lights or any of the light icons?!

I am only 5"7 and I think my arms are pretty normal at length. I brought the wheel down a little and I cant see anything! frigin bugs when you have a light up or something I dont notice it till ltater
IMO, it's the recaros and the way you sit in them. When I had my 09 Lancer GTS, I didn't think anything of it. Now I feel it's difficult to get just the right setup.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:06 AM

i would suggest if your making slight turns just push the signal either up or down ( not clicking it) cuz if you dont make a wide enough turn it wont shut off.

Quick Reply: Whats up with the turn signals on the X?