EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Do you seriously enjoy Backfires and Flame Throwing? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/599697-do-you-seriously-enjoy-backfires-flame-throwing.html)

KiDMaTiX Feb 23, 2012 04:05 PM

Do you seriously enjoy Backfires and Flame Throwing?

Like really, do you?

Just got a test pipe and i'm a bit scared of my own car...

Kracka Feb 23, 2012 04:18 PM

Get a tune.

BoostedRacing Feb 23, 2012 04:20 PM

Tune will help, I am pretty much used to it now but it doesn't happen all the time.

KiDMaTiX Feb 23, 2012 04:23 PM

AMS coming to Hawaii in May so ill wait.

Aside from that do you guys enjoy it?

Get Rad Feb 23, 2012 04:38 PM

I took my test pipe off do to the back firing and flames. Not what I'm going for as a DD. I will save the TP for track days.

mp72 Feb 23, 2012 07:12 PM

Shooting flames is fun for the whole family!

My car used to shoot flames once and a while when I lived in CA. Now that I live at a much higher altitude, the flames are rare now.

vivimatsuk Feb 23, 2012 08:49 PM

i just got a TopSpeed Exhaust, its pretty much straight pipes and no cats, and LOVE shooting flames! especially wit my window down you can feel when a flame pops lol

Danrsxevo8 Feb 23, 2012 09:02 PM

vv

AFD Feb 23, 2012 09:20 PM

I'm stock, but I'd just love to shoot flames and soot at some of the jackasses that ride my bumper down the highway or stop an inch behind me at a light.

mct9891 Feb 23, 2012 10:23 PM

my god there's no better feeling riding a gear out to redline, clutch in, POP.... I have a crisis in my pants everytime I hear it.

ImEv0 Feb 23, 2012 10:48 PM

i love it when my girl passes flame... its less severe now that my car is properly tuned.

speedytl Feb 24, 2012 12:57 AM

damn i'm missing out my is tune no loud pop lol

playerbanker Feb 24, 2012 02:20 AM

Do we get flames on decat center pipe and rear box

EvoX4life Feb 24, 2012 07:59 AM

Im running ams tp and cat back single. I backfire constantly. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd i say 90% of the time. Happens shifting from 1st to 2nd but i saw under 40% of the time. My gf or friends drive behind me a lot and i never shot out flames before. I am actually suprised since how often i backfire. Its loud enough where I am outside my development and my friend would text me i just heard your backfire(needless to say atleast 15 houses away). It is something you get used to. At first I was scared that something has to be wrong but really the x's run rich to begin with and throwing on a exhaust, let alone a tp you just asking for backfire without a tune. Hopefully I am getting tuned by Ivey in the spring, fingers are crossed.

Alpha X Feb 24, 2012 08:10 AM

I have a AMS Widemouth DP, ETS Test Pipe and a TurboXS CBE and I never shoot flames or hear any popping noises. I do have a tune though.