EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Do you seriously enjoy Backfires and Flame Throwing? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/599697-do-you-seriously-enjoy-backfires-flame-throwing.html)

Alpha X Nov 25, 2012 03:04 PM

My car backfires more now that I'm running E85 and a single exit exhaust.

Not sure if I shoot flames though.

GsrJake Nov 25, 2012 04:09 PM

So I can throw on my test pipe with my intake and cat back and not have to get a tune right away?

Get Rad Nov 26, 2012 09:05 AM

I wish I could throw flames at random for the d bags that ride by bumper

Uscbryan Nov 26, 2012 11:51 AM

Old thread but who doesn't love flames? Your aren't a male if you don't like FIRE! Even watching F1 it's funny to see the night race in Singapore when the announcers get all excited seeing the flames come out of the cars. I loved flames from when I was a little kid and my father took me to OC raceway to watch drag racing. Never lost my love of flames. It's funny because girls just don't understand. And actually, I don't either. If asked why I like flames I can't say. It's like asking me why I like boobs? I don't know, I just do. Just don't ask me what I like more, flames or boobs because that will be a difficult one to answer. Unless they are flame throwing boobs! OMG that would be awesome!!

whiteEvo08Y Nov 26, 2012 11:57 AM

No Flame throwing over here. Even if i got some backfire, I would get a tune because i would get a nice ticket over here in Canada from the Police or MTO. :lol:

EvoX4life Nov 26, 2012 01:26 PM

I most def enjoy the backfire. But as far as I know I never shot flames before. Got a new X and trying a new setup this time. I am anxious to hear what it sounds like.

jmorris1027 Nov 27, 2012 04:59 AM

My blue car used to blow huge fireballs all the time on decel after a wide open run....now my white one rarely even pops. I suppose its a difference in tune or something different between an '08 and an '11

Wicked_White10 Nov 27, 2012 05:09 AM

I just have a test pipe to stock cbe. I hear an occational backfire but no flames. Maybe once I get my single aftermarket cbe I will.

Risky Guy Jun 24, 2013 12:01 AM

Ok I know old thread.
Have a 12 evo x mr with 7k on her.
Have xs tbe / ets intake / uicp / 3 port ebc / custom tune.
2 strange things.
1st my car stalled at a traffic light, only 1 time can't duplicate. idk how that even happened, but it's the sst Before that 1st seemed like it slipped to like 2500 rpm before engaging. In sport mode in manual position.
This has happens 2 x can't duplicate.
2nd is a backfire on deaccelerating , under light load.
Are 1 of my plugs possibly bad, or a coil pack ?

Or is just unburnt fuel causing backfire.
If it backfired at hard throttle or wot, I would be worried.

Last car was in service like 4 times by same mileage, it was bone stock.

Hope it's just a software glitch, ecu tek is the software.

Have zero knowledge when it comes to boosted cars.

My last boosted car was a 94 eclipse gsx awd, so I know almost zero when it comes to evos.

Tekniq Jun 24, 2013 05:50 AM

Go here...

http://iveytune.com/

cpunlamd Jun 24, 2013 06:35 AM

The bigger the flame, the better.

Sephiron Jun 24, 2013 07:59 AM

I want to get a TP but am worried that the flames on my DD will cause melting of some kind on my bumper. Anyone else had issue with this?

Black&Boostin Jun 24, 2013 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by mct9891 (Post 9989625)
my god there's no better feeling riding a gear out to redline, clutch in, POP.... I have a crisis in my pants everytime I hear it.

:lol::lol::lol: agreed X2!!

Sometimes ill get a low RPM pop out of the blue when getting back into the throttle. They're surprising, but quite enjoyable.. Especially when people pass me with a face of confusion, like :confused: :crap: :eek:

williamormes Jun 24, 2013 01:00 PM

flames look cool! lol :)

Rhymesayer Jun 26, 2013 10:45 AM

I dig flames.