EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Would you prefer the gauge needles sweep across? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/607133-would-you-prefer-gauge-needles-sweep-across.html)

Kendogg Apr 13, 2012 06:03 AM

Would you prefer the gauge needles sweep across?

You know how the needles move across the gauge from the resting off position to the max, and then back to the resting off position before you start the car/bike?

I believe the STI's do this when you first turn it on. My bike use to do this also. I'm assuming on a car it is just cosmetic. I was always told the motorcycles with fuel injection would sweep the needle across the gauge so you wouldn't start the bike until the full injection had primed.

Would you prefer that the Evo's do this also? As I said I'm assuming on a car its just cosmetic and is just to entertain the driver I guess. But if given the option, would you prefer you gauge needles sweep across before starting or leave it as they currently do?

chrisw Apr 13, 2012 06:23 AM

no. I don't need that gimic.

if that's what you want, buy a subaru.

ugakirk Apr 13, 2012 06:24 AM

I could care less..

/ Thread

EvoForumUser12 Apr 13, 2012 06:30 AM

When starting the car I would like to hear a Japanese woman say "You have bought wisely".

Alpha X Apr 13, 2012 06:33 AM

Meh

Get Rad Apr 13, 2012 07:06 AM

I make my woman sweep especially in the kitchen cause that's where she belong :lol:

Kendogg Apr 13, 2012 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 10098116)
no. I don't need that gimic.

if that's what you want, buy a subaru.

Would be dumb to buy a Subaru just for a gimic. But I suppose some probably have.

Originally Posted by EvoForumUser12 (Post 10098138)
When starting the car I would like to hear a Japanese woman say "You have bought wisely".

I want a Japenese woman to say "This Mitsu will actually hold value". I am more comfortable with life when I am reassured regularly.

Ev0ikon Apr 13, 2012 09:08 AM

One every start, I want my Evo to say "Holly #$%^&* What kinda turbo are you hanging off me!" :D
Not much for needles dancing.

Uscbryan Apr 13, 2012 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by EvoForumUser12 (Post 10098138)

Oh man, don't get me started with Japanese women. I have the yellowfever like you have never seen. After 10 years being married to a blond I went and am still going asian girl crazy!! :helpme:

ImEv0 Apr 13, 2012 09:32 AM

it'd be nice...

TheBlade Apr 13, 2012 09:43 AM

Most of the gauges that do that, do it because they self-calibrate. They are powered by stepper motors, so by doing a full sweep they verify the count of steps for the full sweep.

It looks pretty gimick-like but they do it for a reason. I could care-less if I see it, but when I had my 05' STi I enjoyed it.

kiteboarder Apr 13, 2012 11:00 AM

My 2011 Mustang does that. It's a bit entertaining and amusing - But completely unnecessary.

DrasticK Apr 13, 2012 11:41 AM

I remember Tephra playing with this. I would appreciate it, but it's not a deal breaker.

mlambert890 Apr 13, 2012 03:01 PM

Honestly something I hadnt noticed

engine58 Apr 13, 2012 03:23 PM

id like a asian woman to say me love you long time .