EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Will I be able to put my CVN and CAL ID back to stock? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/743198-will-i-able-put-my-cvn-cal-id-back-stock.html)

Sam Lau Sep 7, 2017 04:26 PM

Will I be able to put my CVN and CAL ID back to stock?

So here is my situation, my ayc pump is going bad recently. I am trying to get warranty through dealership. The service manager is really nice and tells me mitsu will ask for CVN and CAL ID to honor the claim (sucks that tune has nothing to do with pump failure). My car had two owners before me. The problem is the first owner had car open source tuned and I would assume those two numbers changed. Second owner did AP protune so it's not a problem. Will I be able to reverse CVN and CAL ID back to stock stock? Do I just flash 2013 stock rom to change it back? Thank you guys for the input!

Sam Lau Sep 7, 2017 04:28 PM

Why did it post on evo general fourm? Please remove..

Sam Lau Sep 8, 2017 03:19 PM

anyone?

Napalm_Enema Sep 8, 2017 10:16 PM

The dealership will replace the AYC regardless of modifications. If the dealership you're working with is too retarded, take it to another one. This isn't an issue you need to worry about, get the pump replaced under 100k warranty.

Also you said 'please remove' so doubt anyone was planning to respond lol

Sam Lau Sep 9, 2017 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema (Post 11770872)
The dealership will replace the AYC regardless of modifications. If the dealership you're working with is too retarded, take it to another one. This isn't an issue you need to worry about, get the pump replaced under 100k warranty.

Also you said 'please remove' so doubt anyone was planning to respond lol

well i guess I will keep the thread here. Not here in Canada, misubishi Canada is giving hard time not the local dealer. Dealers can't really make the call.

Napalm_Enema Sep 9, 2017 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sam Lau (Post 11770916)
well i guess I will keep the thread here. Not here in Canada, misubishi Canada is giving hard time not the local dealer. Dealers can't really make the call.

But that really makes no sense, the pump has zero to do with anything modified in the engine bay. There are documented cases of people, with modifications, getting the job done. Is there another dealership you could take it to that would simply take care of it like they are supposed to?

If not, you have an accessport just drive it there, take the tune off of it, drive it in the bay, let them check it / do the repair, then back it out of the bay, put the tune back on it, and drive away.

Sam Lau Sep 10, 2017 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema (Post 11770919)
But that really makes no sense, the pump has zero to do with anything modified in the engine bay. There are documented cases of people, with modifications, getting the job done. Is there another dealership you could take it to that would simply take care of it like they are supposed to?

If not, you have an accessport just drive it there, take the tune off of it, drive it in the bay, let them check it / do the repair, then back it out of the bay, put the tune back on it, and drive away.

Well, what can you do when big company rips you off? Charge them and pay 2 grands for a lawyer? Might as well just find a way to sneak through and get it done

RazorLab Sep 10, 2017 04:11 PM

Anything that flashes the ECU changes the ECU counter. Cobb Accessport included.

Sam Lau Sep 10, 2017 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab (Post 11771119)
Anything that flashes the ECU changes the ECU counter. Cobb Accessport included.

Well, what is the relationship between ecu counter and CVN and CAL ID, seems like they only car those two numbers

EV09AWD Jul 4, 2019 12:04 AM

/./.