Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Will I be able to put my CVN and CAL ID back to stock?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will I be able to put my CVN and CAL ID back to stock?

So here is my situation, my ayc pump is going bad recently. I am trying to get warranty through dealership. The service manager is really nice and tells me mitsu will ask for CVN and CAL ID to honor the claim (sucks that tune has nothing to do with pump failure). My car had two owners before me. The problem is the first owner had car open source tuned and I would assume those two numbers changed. Second owner did AP protune so it's not a problem. Will I be able to reverse CVN and CAL ID back to stock stock? Do I just flash 2013 stock rom to change it back? Thank you guys for the input!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 04:28 PM

Why did it post on evo general fourm? Please remove..
Old Sep 8, 2017, 03:19 PM

anyone?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
The dealership will replace the AYC regardless of modifications. If the dealership you're working with is too retarded, take it to another one. This isn't an issue you need to worry about, get the pump replaced under 100k warranty.

Also you said 'please remove' so doubt anyone was planning to respond lol
Old Sep 9, 2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
The dealership will replace the AYC regardless of modifications. If the dealership you're working with is too retarded, take it to another one. This isn't an issue you need to worry about, get the pump replaced under 100k warranty.

Also you said 'please remove' so doubt anyone was planning to respond lol
well i guess I will keep the thread here. Not here in Canada, misubishi Canada is giving hard time not the local dealer. Dealers can't really make the call.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Lau
well i guess I will keep the thread here. Not here in Canada, misubishi Canada is giving hard time not the local dealer. Dealers can't really make the call.
But that really makes no sense, the pump has zero to do with anything modified in the engine bay. There are documented cases of people, with modifications, getting the job done. Is there another dealership you could take it to that would simply take care of it like they are supposed to?

If not, you have an accessport just drive it there, take the tune off of it, drive it in the bay, let them check it / do the repair, then back it out of the bay, put the tune back on it, and drive away.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
But that really makes no sense, the pump has zero to do with anything modified in the engine bay. There are documented cases of people, with modifications, getting the job done. Is there another dealership you could take it to that would simply take care of it like they are supposed to?

If not, you have an accessport just drive it there, take the tune off of it, drive it in the bay, let them check it / do the repair, then back it out of the bay, put the tune back on it, and drive away.
Well, what can you do when big company rips you off? Charge them and pay 2 grands for a lawyer? Might as well just find a way to sneak through and get it done
Old Sep 10, 2017, 04:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Anything that flashes the ECU changes the ECU counter. Cobb Accessport included.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
Anything that flashes the ECU changes the ECU counter. Cobb Accessport included.
Well, what is the relationship between ecu counter and CVN and CAL ID, seems like they only car those two numbers
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
/./.

Last edited by EV09AWD; Mar 16, 2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: delete