Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Question about rexspeed double gauge pillar install

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about rexspeed double gauge pillar install

When disassembling the oem pillar from the car is it recommended to unhook the battery before messing with the pillar? How does the rexspeed one put on? Is it an overlay or a standalone? If it's an overlay do I need to drill holes to keep it in place with the oem and screw it together or can I 3m tape it and do I need to drill some holes through the oem pillar if overlayed to run the gauge wires?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
When disassembling the oem pillar from the car is it recommended to unhook the battery before messing with the pillar? How does the rexspeed one put on? Is it an overlay or a standalone? If it's an overlay do I need to drill holes to keep it in place with the oem and screw it together or can I 3m tape it and do I need to drill some holes through the oem pillar if overlayed to run the gauge wires?

I drilled holes in the OEM pillar to run the wires/lines. I also used double-sided tape to secure the rexspeed pillar to the OEM pillar. Worked like a charm.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

I also DIDN"T disconnect the battery... No problems or issues...
Old Nov 1, 2010, 06:05 PM

to disconnect the battery is avoid the airbag pop out all sudden...
Old Nov 2, 2010, 04:48 AM

turpdogg, did you have any fitment issues? I did the same thing and I can't get it to fit correctly. I have a gap on the bottom by the dash that I can't seem to fix.