Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Help: Voltex Lip install on a non aero

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help: Voltex Lip install on a non aero

Hey,
I'm looking for a how to, on installing a voltex lip on a Evo X that doesn't already have the factory Lip.

Anyone?
thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you talking about the Voltex front lip, or just the splitter? If you're talking about the front lip only, its pretty easy.

I'm going off memory here, but I take mine off for every oil change...

1. There are 4 metal brackets that bolt to the lip (holes on lip are pre drilled). Attach the 4 brackets to the Voltex lip with the supplied hardware.

2. Attach the weather strip to the Voltex lip on the left and right side (this will go along the top of the lip from the fender well, to the fog light area.

3. Attach the lip to the car for test fit.

4. If all is good, take the lip back off, attached the double sided tape to the inner portion of the center of the lip (this will adhere with the black part of the bottom lip of the Evo's mouth if that makes sense...) Make sure you just peel off a portion of the double stick tape for a pull tab you can pull later so that it doesn't stick just yet.

5. Attach the lip back to the car, and screw in the 2 smallest screws supplied to the left and right of the lip (screws into the bumper/fenderwell area). Make sure both sides are even.

6. Use the 4 large 10mm screws to screw the support brackets to the black undertray (you make new holes) of your evo.

7. Pull the double stick tape tab to expose the adhesive between your lip, and evo mouth opening.

8. Make a bet with your friends on how long it will last before you destroy it.

Hopefully that helps...

-Chris
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JMSxCZ4A
Are you talking about the Voltex front lip, or just the splitter? If you're talking about the front lip only, its pretty easy.

I'm going off memory here, but I take mine off for every oil change...

1. There are 4 metal brackets that bolt to the lip (holes on lip are pre drilled). Attach the 4 brackets to the Voltex lip with the supplied hardware.

2. Attach the weather strip to the Voltex lip on the left and right side (this will go along the top of the lip from the fender well, to the fog light area.

3. Attach the lip to the car for test fit.

4. If all is good, take the lip back off, attached the double sided tape to the inner portion of the center of the lip (this will adhere with the black part of the bottom lip of the Evo's mouth if that makes sense...) Make sure you just peel off a portion of the double stick tape for a pull tab you can pull later so that it doesn't stick just yet.

5. Attach the lip back to the car, and screw in the 2 smallest screws supplied to the left and right of the lip (screws into the bumper/fenderwell area). Make sure both sides are even.

6. Use the 4 large 10mm screws to screw the support brackets to the black undertray (you make new holes) of your evo.

7. Pull the double stick tape tab to expose the adhesive between your lip, and evo mouth opening.

8. Make a bet with your friends on how long it will last before you destroy it.

Hopefully that helps...

-Chris

Thanks a ton! We shall see how it goes.
And about destroying it, did you dmg yours? lol!
How much are you lowered?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:28 PM

I haven't destroyed it yet... its about an inch off the ground with the splitter. I come really close a lot, and thought I lost it once when I hit a piece of tire on the track. Good news was that it just scraped it off the ground, and only left me with a small chip on the splitter, and a decent sized scratch on the lip, but no cracks thank god.

Good luck with the install, post pics when you're done!

-Chris
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JMSxCZ4A
I haven't destroyed it yet... its about an inch off the ground with the splitter. I come really close a lot, and thought I lost it once when I hit a piece of tire on the track. Good news was that it just scraped it off the ground, and only left me with a small chip on the splitter, and a decent sized scratch on the lip, but no cracks thank god.

Good luck with the install, post pics when you're done!

-Chris
will do, may skip the splitter. may
Im not as low as you, so hopefully less issues,
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

GiLizILL, i have the same set up as you (Bilstein with swift spec-R) and i have the splitter on if you want to check the clearance.. i got used to the height now so i pretty much won't scrape anything even on deep slope... Just have to take it easy and go at an angle.
The install is pretty easy.. the lip actually hold itself in without anything holding onto it.. that's how good the fitment is. 2 screw on the side. 4 10mm bolts underneath and a bunch of 8mm to hold the splitter to the lip.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by KahoX
GiLizILL, i have the same set up as you (Bilstein with swift spec-R) and i have the splitter on if you want to check the clearance.. i got used to the height now so i pretty much won't scrape anything even on deep slope... Just have to take it easy and go at an angle.
The install is pretty easy.. the lip actually hold itself in without anything holding onto it.. that's how good the fitment is. 2 screw on the side. 4 10mm bolts underneath and a bunch of 8mm to hold the splitter to the lip.
you are absolutely right. it does fit very snug without anything holding it on !! It's an easy install like said before. took me a little over 10 minutes. enjoy it,it is awesome!!!!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KahoX
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Post pics!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 07:44 AM

Massive resurrection.... but did you ever take a pic. Im getting ready to do the same thing