EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X How Tos / Installations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-how-tos-installations-260/)
-   -   Problem With Hks Ssqv Bov! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-how-tos-installations/411425-problem-hks-ssqv-bov.html)

mrdeluxe86 Apr 3, 2009 09:21 AM

Problem With Hks Ssqv Bov!

Hey i installed the hks bov 2 days ago and while im driving, i get a check engine light, a service soon light, the asc off light (all flashing) and then the engine shuts off... did anyone get this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Spy007 Apr 3, 2009 09:29 AM

Have you had the CEL read to see what the code is?

Also do you have it VtA or recirculate?

mrdeluxe86 Apr 3, 2009 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Spy007 (Post 6893985)
Have you had the CEL read to see what the code is?

Also do you have it VtA or recirculator ?

whats the CEL?

Ev0ikon Apr 3, 2009 09:40 AM

Check Engine Light.

*facepalm*

mrdeluxe86 Apr 3, 2009 09:50 AM

how do i check for a code?

ronaldo9 Apr 3, 2009 09:55 AM

Not sure if this is a serious post but you can pick up a code scanner from autozone for like $40 and its a good tool to have if you are modding your engine.

mrdeluxe86 Apr 3, 2009 09:59 AM

ok cool

fuzy24 Apr 3, 2009 10:04 AM

shyong Apr 3, 2009 10:05 AM

looks like you're throwing multiple codes. if you're not getting your car tuned with the bov in mind, take it off. i'm going to assume you're running full vta. it's jacking up your maf sensor. sounds like it's throwing the car into full limp mode. get rid of the ricer vta bov and stay with the stock diverter valve. the factory diverter valve is very good. ricirculated is the way to go unless you get mapped for full vta.

Young HigH Apr 3, 2009 10:20 AM

i have the HKS BOV and i never had any CEL or my car shut off or idle problems. NO tune just bolt-ons. reset your ECU by disconnecting the battery for like 5 minutes and see what happens.

mrdeluxe86 Apr 3, 2009 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by shyong (Post 6894205)
looks like you're throwing multiple codes. if you're not getting your car tuned with the bov in mind, take it off. i'm going to assume you're running full vta. it's jacking up your maf sensor. sounds like it's throwing the car into full limp mode. get rid of the ricer vta bov and stay with the stock diverter valve. the factory diverter valve is very good. ricirculated is the way to go unless you get mapped for full vta.

lol i like the bov, i plan on getting it mapped but i wanted to do more mods first, but this is causing a problem

mrdeluxe86 Apr 3, 2009 11:39 AM

It only seems to happen in 5th at 4000+ rpm

Spy007 Apr 3, 2009 01:22 PM

Might want to learn more about cars, engines, turbo systems and everything else before you go modding. Considering you didn't even know what a CEL was or even how to check it... its probably wise to start that way before you go breaking your 30+ thousand dollar car just because something "is cool".

And... 5th gear 4k rpm is like 70mph.... and there is still more info that people need. Were you at WOT (thats "wide open throttle")? Cruising on the freeway at a constant speed? Attempting to pass on the freeway by applying throttle? Or passing with aggressive shifting? Hard racing/accelerating and chopping the throttle?

Kdash106 Apr 3, 2009 01:33 PM

ditch the SSQV, stick with the OEM one till ur starting to mod heavily. if u really want one, u should check out APS or synapses (SP?). they are probably the best one out there.

2 Deep Motoring Apr 3, 2009 01:35 PM

Agency Power makes a solid piece if you want sound... i have it on my car and with a metal intake pipe it sounds just like VTA