Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official Octane Blue Evo X Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRevolutionX
Looks nice man. I almost went with those wheels in gunmetal. I like the graphics you've got too.

Mind if I ask what's up with the mirrors? No covers on them?
in the first picture the covers are on. car came with chrome covers when I bought it. painted them black instead. yours looks great too man love the MR trunk lip under the wing.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Stock horns were quite rusty so I installed some new ones. I didn't like the yellow so I sanded them down and painted the cages blue with some clear coat to protect them

evo-hella-horns3 by can97sh, on Flickr

EVO Hella Horns by can97sh, on Flickr

EVO Hella Horns2 by can97sh, on Flickr
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Some updated pics:

The following users liked this post:
drews99rs (Aug 31, 2016)
Old Aug 23, 2016, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by .Adam
Stock horns were quite rusty so I installed some new ones. I didn't like the yellow so I sanded them down and painted the cages blue with some clear coat to protect them
Hella Sharptones? You like them better than the Supertones? I haven't heard them in person yet.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MRevolutionX
Hella Sharptones? You like them better than the Supertones? I haven't heard them in person yet.
Yea Sharptones. I bought them because I liked the smaller size of them compared to the Supertones. They sound better than stock. Not sure compared to the Supertones though as I haven't heard them in a long time. My buddy has them though I could listen to them and compare. If you want I can take a video of the sound of these things too. I bought them for the looks, not the sound as I rarely ever have to use them

Lovin the paint on your car. Have you had it polished/waxed? Jelly of that wing too. Hard to find them for sale :|
The following users liked this post:
MRevolutionX (Aug 24, 2016)
Old Aug 24, 2016, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Yea Sharptones. I bought them because I liked the smaller size of them compared to the Supertones. They sound better than stock. Not sure compared to the Supertones though as I haven't heard them in a long time. My buddy has them though I could listen to them and compare. If you want I can take a video of the sound of these things too. I bought them for the looks, not the sound as I rarely ever have to use them

Lovin the paint on your car. Have you had it polished/waxed? Jelly of that wing too. Hard to find them for sale :|
Thanks for the info. No need for a video... they have comparison vids on YouTube. I didn't realize they were smaller though. I'm with you, I wouldn't use them much, but when I do, I don't like the wimpy stock horns.

I do regularly wax my car, but not polish. With the ****ty Mitsu paint, I don't want to wear it down to nothing over time! I do DD it in the winter, so I'll have to get rid of the swirl marks eventually...

And yeah I had to add the wing... to me it's not an Evo without the big dumb wing!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

I hear ya about the paint. My clear coat is chipping in a couple places. Not impressed

I do full paint corrections though as the colours just pop! Swirl marks bug the **** out of me too

Did you just buy the wing and drill holes in the trunk or get a trunk and wing?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

I bought a used wing (not the right color) and added it to my trunk. That's why I still have the MR lip. I think it looks alright with the wing. I just used the 4 outer holes that are above the gutter around the trunk. Contrary to what many have said, there are NOT nuts welded in the MR trunks where the 3rd hole on each side of the wing should be, so I didn't drill there. I didn't want water getting into the trunk.

Since this IS the OB thread, I'll add a couple pics to stay on topic.

Wing after paint, waiting for install (sitting with the freshly removed Lancer GT seats )

Installed w/ MR lip... don't mind my buddy in the background.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

So you just used the two outer holes on each side of the trunk and it's pretty solid? That's my main concern is that I really don't want to drill holes then primer it and hope it's good as I drive my car in the winter here and do not want any rust on my car if I can help it.

Looks awesome! What did it cost you to paint it if you don't mind me asking? pm me if you like.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 08:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's mine....this color is just bad ***!
Attached Thumbnails Official Octane Blue Evo X Picture Thread-image.jpeg  
Old Oct 3, 2016, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New shot of mine

Untitled by Andrew Barshinger, on Flickr
Old Oct 4, 2016, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

Amazing shot as always! What camera and lens did you use for this? I know I've asked before but cannot remember :P
Old Oct 5, 2016, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

I wish I could learn your guys' photography skills... there are some nice shots here!

I just wanted to add a quick snap of the new Hella Sharptones... You guys gave me some inspiration here.

Old Oct 6, 2016, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
This ones cool
Attached Thumbnails Official Octane Blue Evo X Picture Thread-khyzyl-saleem-evobluelowfinal.jpg  
Old Nov 10, 2016, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing shot as always! What camera and lens did you use for this? I know I've asked before but cannot remember :P
Thanks! This was with my Canon 6D + 135L

New shot from this weekend!

Sunset in the boat yard. by Andrew Barshinger, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Official Octane Blue Evo X Picture Thread