Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Brembo touch up paint? Dealer oops

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keeping this thread alive here...

i have the same problem. after brake fluid upgrade, the bleeder wasn't cleaned well, got this ugly streak going down the caliper. i bled the brakes from another shop though, so the responsibility's mine. i purchased the paint as well, see how well it match/doesn't match.

and for starters, i sealed the area where it stripped with some g2 epoxy kit. pretty sure the paint will last longer than just laying wet paint over where the paint originally stripped.

Last edited by EndlessRed; Feb 18, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by livnpaintball2
I'm sure they will be willing to replace all four calipers.
that would be sweet
Old Feb 16, 2010, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive come to find that if you take your car in for 1 thing, youll get it back with 2 more things wrong.

Theyre so careless and sloppy.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

i have the same issue in the front left brembo.
got my evo ones to put some nitrogen in my tires and one of the guys in the Mitsu dealership make a coment about it. usually they take photos of the bembro pealing and send it to mitsu and ask for aproval. always say yes he told me.
i havent do it yet.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 09:24 PM

i noticed the same thing today, wonder if its paint issue or lazy tire install people.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 02:50 PM

as long as there is no mods that can be the cause of this go back to the dealer
Old Feb 18, 2010, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure they will be willing to replace all four calipers.
They were for me... and they never did any brake work on it at all. I had always done all the work myself, it started to peel and I took it in. They took pictures of all 4 calipers, ordered them, installed for free a week later.

I paid nothing over the whole process. Get something out of your warranty for gods sake. Mitsubishi voids them so easily at least get something from them out of the deal...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

keeping this thread updated...

i got the paint a few days ago. the paint itself is a thick lacquer mix. so it should be okay to use even if the damaged area has been stripped bare to the metal without any basecoat to adhere to.

the matching isn't quite what i expected - the red is clearly brighter than the caliper itself. do take that with the thought my calipers had been on 17k miles now, so the red isn't as fresh as from the factory. i'm waiting for the paint to fully break in, which can probably take about 4 weeks.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

dealer said no can do. Im screwed for now I guess. I might call mit cs up and see what they say. Anyone try that EBAY touch up paint yet from the UK? If so did it match? ENDGAME, did you use the ebay paint?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

dealer said no can do. Im screwed for now I guess. I might call mit cs up and see what they say. Anyone try that EBAY touch up paint yet from the UK? If so did it match? ENDGAME, did you use the ebay paint?
yeah i already applied it. currently the bright red is fading slowly to match the rest of my caliper (probably due to heat breaking it in). i'll have to wait a bit longer and see whether it will fully match the caliper's paint, or rather, how far off it is.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

keep us up to date Endgame if you will, I saw elsewhere that the porsche guards red is the same color. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by endGameXIII
yeah i already applied it. currently the bright red is fading slowly to match the rest of my caliper (probably due to heat breaking it in). i'll have to wait a bit longer and see whether it will fully match the caliper's paint, or rather, how far off it is.
Why don't you come out to the 626 meets anymore? Would like to check out the colors in person.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

im VERY disappointed. i was going to get this ebay paint that promised to make 99.4%

then again my caliper clearcoat is already peeled off so i was going to clearcoat it after i touch it up..... please continue to update, thanks man
Old Mar 20, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mexicanevo
Why don't you come out to the 626 meets anymore? Would like to check out the colors in person.
cuz i got tired of checking where it is! i think that thread needs to be refreshed from pg. 1

when i get a chance i'll take a pic - i think it's more or less broken in now, so what i see now is probably how it will be.

by the way, the seller has all the reason to claim 99.4% match - there are different shades of brembo red out there. but what i have now...eh, probably 85%.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

I had same problem when a buddy of mine did a complete brake job.

The brake fluid will melt the clear coat. On mine it did not do anything to the actual red paint.

I called the dealer and they said no way, since I did the work.

I cleaned the caliper (thankfully it was only one) with rubbing alcohol, and then laid a good coat of clear coat paint (duplicolor in a small touch up with a brush) and voila! No more problems!!

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Brembo touch up paint? Dealer oops