Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

PB 2011 GSR Aero Kit Before & After Pics

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking good keep up the good work
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:38 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Nice. ButI personally don't like the Aero kit. Its too bulky for me.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good see you around.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

You guys and your Xs make me laugh. If you had a IX or VIII u wouldnt have to try to sport up your family town cars. Haha JK much love for all Evos just not the frumpy Xs. haha.

peace.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Have had all, evo x dominates the rest. I hope to get the Aero soon
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

I had an 03 Evo 8 and I also believe the X is better, too bad I did the mistake of getting a MR All Evos are badass tho

Back on topic Nice!! The aero kit is badass!!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im ok with the side skirts and rear skirt, but i dislike the look of that aero kit lip
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Slay0r
im ok with the side skirts and rear skirt, but i dislike the look of that aero kit lip
I agree..the front lip shouldn't be so "tilted" it can look weird from some angles, especially from the side far away. It looks way better than no kit however.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

enjoy it while it lasts... you're certain to scrape off the rubber rub strip in the front (and then some) and it is only a matter of time before some careless passenger, despite your warnings, gouges your sideskirt with their heels (ladies) or boots (men)-- or worse, breaks one of the like 3 clip-molds that hold it on-- after you've already had your sideskirt replaced by the dealer under warranty, of course.

(ask me how I know all of this...)

nonetheless, $1500 installed seems like a really good deal(as far as plastic bits go). also I know they revised the standard skirts for 2010, not sure if they changed the mounting mechanism but seriously that **** is fragile so watch out!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:47 AM

I've had similar problems with my factory aero kit but live it none the less. On another note I bought a used replacement rubber extension for the front lip and although I prefer to have it then not I had a hard time mounting it perfectly
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:03 AM

I have the OEM aero kit on my X GSR (came from the factory pre-installed) and I noticed how different the shade of color the Wicked White on the car and what they used on the aero kit pieces is. I'm sure it has something to do with the material of the kit effecting the paint.. or maybe when the kit is put put on (at the port I assume) the difference is in the mixed paint.

It's not hugely noticeable, but if you stare longer than a few seconds you can see it.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Diversion
I have the OEM aero kit on my X GSR (came from the factory pre-installed) and I noticed how different the shade of color the Wicked White on the car and what they used on the aero kit pieces is. I'm sure it has something to do with the material of the kit effecting the paint.. or maybe when the kit is put put on (at the port I assume) the difference is in the mixed paint.

It's not hugely noticeable, but if you stare longer than a few seconds you can see it.
I couldn't stand that. I would have to get that re-sprayed or something..
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
I couldn't stand that. I would have to get that re-sprayed or something..
Only owned it for 3 weeks or so.. I suppose they would still honor a respray if I complained.. however, usually the next shop to "fix it" will end up screwing it up more than doing good.. considering they would need to remove it off the bumper then it probably wouldn't fit right after they installed it. I don't want to nightmare, I have enough stress to deal with already :P
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by derekste
enjoy it while it lasts... you're certain to scrape off the rubber rub strip in the front (and then some) and it is only a matter of time before some careless passenger, despite your warnings, gouges your sideskirt with their heels (ladies) or boots (men)-- or worse, breaks one of the like 3 clip-molds that hold it on-- after you've already had your sideskirt replaced by the dealer under warranty, of course.

(ask me how I know all of this...)

nonetheless, $1500 installed seems like a really good deal(as far as plastic bits go). also I know they revised the standard skirts for 2010, not sure if they changed the mounting mechanism but seriously that **** is fragile so watch out!

running on stock height I haven't had any scraping issues but I always had cars slammed to the ground so my driving awareness is always on high alert (speed bumps diagonal, slowly pulling out of driveways). Its actually a nice feling knowing I have some clearance now with the evo stock height. I don't have a lot of people in and out of my car for damaging the skirts but I make sure to remind my wife everytime she gets in (even though there is a big decal warning) I knew about that before I even bought the car...but to me the aero kit makes the car look a million times more aggressive.

As far as the color match issue, my PB matches perfect so I cant comment on the WW issues.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:43 AM

It looks even better in person too. OP are you planning on hanging on to your OEM side skirts or selling?

Quick Reply: PB 2011 GSR Aero Kit Before & After Pics