Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

evo x mr snow sound

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo x mr snow sound

Wasup guys new to the forum and mitsubishi 😆😆😆😆😆 bought a 08 evo x mr Grey, I live in nyc and took a drive to RI and everything was good till at the end of my return my right wheel sounds like my car is driving thru snow ruled out the brakes any ideas? Greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails evo x mr snow sound-20141127_142813.jpg  

Last edited by apparittion; Nov 27, 2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Off topic, but do you have more pictures of your car? I want to see how a Graphite Grey MR looks with the Aero Package.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 02:37 PM

I only have like two more pics bro she needs a shower then I'm a spam her with shots lol here you go bro.
Attached Thumbnails evo x mr snow sound-img_20141115_134106.jpg   evo x mr snow sound-20141127_142802.jpg  
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post a video of the noise. Does it increase in loudness, does it increase in speed as car increases in speed, does it only happen during right or left runs, etc.?

Easier method than having people on the internet guess it, is taking the car to a local Evo-specific shop.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Treyzian
Post a video of the noise. Does it increase in loudness, does it increase in speed as car increases in speed, does it only happen during right or left runs, etc.?

Easier method than having people on the internet guess it, is taking the car to a local Evo-specific shop.
What's funny is that I tried recording the sound and it was not there! I did however crossed out many factors when I did hear the sound yesterday I.e not the brake because still sounded while no brakes were applied, consistent in left and right turns and going straight. But it did stop in high speeds. But as I tried to record it ten mins ago with the engine cold I heard not a peep from here tho I will try to record it again omw home the remove that factor from the equation. ( ruled out wheel bearing due to it stopping in high speed ) and to be honest I just bought the GG evo x two weeks ago and don't know what's been put on besides cobbs exhaust.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds to me like part of the fender-well is rubbing on the tire at full turn. Mine was doing that for awhile when it was new.

Or you perhaps have rust on the brakes after letting the car sit for a few days with rain. Mine will make a grinding kind-of sound until you brake enough to clean it off.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Does it sound like this?

My car makes this noise at low speeds, with the wheel turned and the throttle jabbed a little to make some wheel spin. You might need some headphones and the volume turned up as it's somewhat hard to hear.

The noise was gone all summer but now that it's cold out here its back