Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Depo demon eye FX-R retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depo demon eye FX-R retrofit

Hey guys!
I purchased a 2010 GG evo x non-sss last month. I hated the reflector housing. They made me cringe every time i drove at night . So for my first mod i purchased some depo projectors and got them retrofitted. Once i get them installed over the weekend ill post some pics. Here are some teaser pics

Old Dec 12, 2014, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What company did you go with for retrofitting?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heres an update on the install.
I ran into some problems with the install. i got everything installed with the hid's and everything. However here is the problem. On the driver side lights, everything works EXCEPT the low beams. For the passenger side, The only working light is the low beams. i checked all connections and swapped bulbs and ballasts to the passenger side to see if it was a bulb problem but both ballasts and bulbs work on the passenger side. FYI i got a 55w 6000k 9006 hid kit and i have a 2010 gsr non-sss headlights. I plugged in both headlights onto opposite sides to see if it was a wiring problem with the car, but both headlights had the same symptoms regardless of the side it was connected to. Another thing is that with the headlight switch on the off position. Turning on the high beams turns the the passenger side low beams on, instead of on the second reflector closest to the turn signal. On the driver side the high beams come on where they should be, which is the second reflector closest to the turn signal. I decided to install the hid fog lights and guess what?! the passenger side doesnt turn on, the driver side does.... i know i need the jrox harness, or atleast do the mod for deleting drl to get rid of flicker, which does occur on the passenger side. i'm not sure which fuses to check and dont really know what the problem might be or what to look for now. Any advice would be awesome .
Recap -
driver side lights -
Parking lights, high beams, fog lights, halos, and turn signals work.
Low beams DONT work

Passenger side lights:
Low beams and turn signals work
High beams turn on low beams instead of the oem spot.
parking lights, fogs, and halos DONT work