Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Unofficial FE Evo Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AlexJann
Is your tOEM Aero Kit in diamond white pearl? I heard other people have wicked white color on their aero kit.
Yes OEM Aero Kit in diamond white pearl, But from far away you can't tell the difference between wicked white and diamond white pearl but if you use a flashlight you can see the difference in the color of OEM Aero Kit.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bdean531
I've driven it, but not much! I bought the beater car about a week after buying the Evo, and I've hardly driven it since then (we did have a few nice days right around Xmas and I ended up driving around for a few hours trying to put some "break in" miles on it).

As she sits right now, there are 503 miles on it, but my plan is to put somewhere between 1k-1,500 before I take it past 5k rpm.

As far as the beater car... I found an 03 Sebring LXI with only 60k miles on it that I picked up for $2,000. Decent enough car I guess, but I really don't like driving it all that much (it's the first automatic I've had since buying my first car), and I can't wait for nice weather to get back in the Evo!

The winter will give me a good chance to get my hands on Recaros, and order a few other things for it though, so I guess it's not that bad. Plus, I'm keeping the winter wear and tear off it, so the car should be in great shape many years down the road!
I thought about getting a beater as well but it want feasible for me to since I dont have another parking spot and well the cost of running another car would be a bit too much for me after paying for a brand new car.

Anyways, that's awesome though, I wish I could've done the same as you. Although I personally would've gone with something more reliable for a beater.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliart188
I thought about getting a beater as well but it want feasible for me to since I dont have another parking spot and well the cost of running another car would be a bit too much for me after paying for a brand new car.

Anyways, that's awesome though, I wish I could've done the same as you. Although I personally would've gone with something more reliable for a beater.
We have a 1 car garage, so the Evo took that spot for the winter, and my wife and I park in the driveway. My main concern was the cost of insurance honestly, and the Evo only raised my monthly by $10. Adding the Sebring added another $22, so that's still pretty affordable overall.

I drained $14.5k from my savings as a down payment on the Evo as it was.. I didn't want to drop a ton of money a winter rat lol. The Sebring definitely wouldn't have been my first choice, but we've had some really bad weather the past few days, and it's actually been very good in the snow. $2k for a full car with low miles (for its age) seemed like a good deal. The engine sounds good, it drives well, feels very solid, and I had it checked over by a mechanic I know at the Mitsu dealership who said it was in good shape.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=evo 1768;11564637]
HKS TURBO EXHAUST
Oh! 5 inch tips right? How do you like it? I'm looking in to HKS exhaust too but probably the legamax premium, dont want anything loud.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Ralliart188;11565038]
Originally Posted by evo 1768

Oh! 5 inch tips right? How do you like it? I'm looking in to HKS exhaust too but probably the legamax premium, dont want anything loud.
Yes it is the 5 inch tips and it is very quiet like the legamax premium. It holds 500hp and you can find it for $850.00. HKS Super Turbo Muffler - EVO X
Part Number: 31029-AM003 this web http://thmotorsports.com/hks/hks-tur.../i-544037.aspx
Old Jan 20, 2016, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

So, I did my first "mod" to my FE last night... replaced those ugly chrome inserts with a pair of smoked side markers I got from eBay! I know, pretty exciting stuff lol...

Anyway, I'm not 100% sold on having a billion lights on the side of the car when I use the turn signal, but I definitely think they look better in general.

Sorry the image quality sucks, the car is in my garage, and the lighting is pretty horrible:

Old Jan 20, 2016, 09:07 AM

Yes OEM Aero Kit in diamond white pearl, But from far away you can't tell the difference between wicked white and diamond white pearl but if you use a flashlight you can see the difference in the color of OEM Aero Kit.
Ok im confused by this... you say from far away you cant tell, but if you use a flashlight you can see the diffrence.

So your statement should read

""" OEM Aero kit in WICKED WHITE but from far away you cant tell""" ??????
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:32 PM

So, I did my first "mod" to my FE last night... replaced those ugly chrome inserts with a pair of smoked side markers I got from eBay! I know, pretty exciting stuff lol...

Anyway, I'm not 100% sold on having a billion lights on the side of the car when I use the turn signal, but I definitely think they look better in general.
That looks way better than the tacky chrome piece. How much was it from ebay? Easy install?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

That looks way better than the tacky chrome piece. How much was it from ebay? Easy install?
These were $40 w/free shipping. There are 2 different versions that I saw on there, and the plastic lens appears to have a texture on the other one (which is like $32 I believe). I sort of liked the look of this one, so gave it a shot. If you search eBay for "evo x side markers" you will see them... they are made by Depo.

The install was very easy.. to remove the chrome, you simply push it straight back towards the rear of the car (which compresses a piece of plastic inside), and then lift the front edge away from the car. The wiring harness inside is short, so they won't pull out very far, but it's easy to unplug the chrome thing and plug the replacement in. Then just reverse the process to push the replacement back into place. You don't need any tools or anything, and it took less than 1 minute each.

If I had to complain about something, the plastic backing on these are a light gray color, which shows as a thin strip around the edge right against the car. I wish it was darker, but it's not really that noticeable, and I definitely like it better than the chrome piece!

Here's a somewhat better shot of it in the daytime (still in the garage however):

Old Jan 20, 2016, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FACT0RY PIL0T
Ok im confused by this... you say from far away you cant tell, but if you use a flashlight you can see the diffrence.

So your statement should read

""" OEM Aero kit in WICKED WHITE but from far away you cant tell""" ??????
OEM Aero Kit in diamond white pearl, It looks like Wicked white but when you use the flashlight and shine it on the car you can see it sparkle and shine.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 03:17 PM

OEM Aero Kit in diamond white pearl, It looks like Wicked white but when you use the flashlight and shine it on the car you can see it sparkle and shine.
Ok got it. Yeah they look off in certain light ive notice, ill have to take a light next time I go look
Old Jan 20, 2016, 03:19 PM

These were $40 w/free shipping. There are 2 different versions that I saw on there, and the plastic lens appears to have a texture on the other one (which is like $32 I believe). I sort of liked the look of this one, so gave it a shot. If you search eBay for "evo x side markers" you will see them... they are made by Depo.

The install was very easy.. to remove the chrome, you simply push it straight back towards the rear of the car (which compresses a piece of plastic inside), and then lift the front edge away from the car. The wiring harness inside is short, so they won't pull out very far, but it's easy to unplug the chrome thing and plug the replacement in. Then just reverse the process to push the replacement back into place. You don't need any tools or anything, and it took less than 1 minute each.

If I had to complain about something, the plastic backing on these are a light gray color, which shows as a thin strip around the edge right against the car. I wish it was darker, but it's not really that noticeable, and I definitely like it better than the chrome piece!

Here's a somewhat better shot of it in the daytime (still in the garage however):

looks good, I like that better than the OEM
Old Jan 20, 2016, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice! Blends well with your car. I want to get the yellow one but I don't think they come with LEDs.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 08:19 PM

Love that exhaust
Old Jan 21, 2016, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just picked my FE up Monday! my very first evo and i'm in love (obviously I didn't lease it tag was just still on the mirror)

Quick Reply: Unofficial FE Evo Thread