EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine-261/)
-   -   New install: Coltspeed GT shifter + ARC titan knob (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine/459684-new-install-coltspeed-gt-shifter-arc-titan-knob.html)

LVSBB6 Nov 22, 2009 11:18 AM

New install: Coltspeed GT shifter + ARC titan knob

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 294210

Attachment 294211

Attachment 294212

Attachment 294213

4G63K Nov 22, 2009 11:19 AM

Nice.. So what does it do?

ak47po Nov 22, 2009 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by 4G63K (Post 7733362)
Nice.. So what does it do?

It's top secret,what ever you do don't touch the red switch.:lol:

Tommy Di Cat Nov 22, 2009 11:26 AM

It lifts the lockout so you can shift into gear.

JRB_EVO Nov 22, 2009 11:44 AM

Please don't get offended, but that thing just looks hideous.

11XRAY Nov 22, 2009 11:52 AM

looks crazy as hell....how much was that?

c_reber Nov 22, 2009 12:21 PM

Not a fan either. Looks like a very nice peice, but why???

Grip Master Nov 22, 2009 12:41 PM

I Really like it, but i really don't at the same time... I is confused http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/imag...lies/dunno.gif

Milf_Hunter_V Nov 22, 2009 12:42 PM

it doesn't matter what it do or how it looks, as long as it's a reputable JDM company, this dude will throw it bag.. Interesting piece, looks cool i guess..

philamthebest Nov 22, 2009 12:49 PM

whats wrong with the stock shifter? I don't get why this is there?

JEP Nov 22, 2009 01:03 PM

I think it looks Sick!!! Nice choice...

jrecluse Nov 22, 2009 01:10 PM

sorry, but i think that just looks {thumbdwn}

brads09lancerGT Nov 22, 2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by philamthebest (Post 7733519)
whats wrong with the stock shifter? I don't get why this is there?

I was wondering the same thing. It looks really out of place.

AWDTerror Nov 22, 2009 01:37 PM

i like it, it appears it supposed to emulate a sequential shifter.

Golden Nov 22, 2009 02:24 PM

Looks like stick envy to me.

... should of got the manual.

dboz Nov 22, 2009 02:27 PM

Serious overkill. Take the simple and make it complex?!!

FetorHepaticus Nov 22, 2009 03:31 PM

^yup.

anyhow, it looks awesome......it's a shame coz you won't touch that stick as much as you would on a 5speed!!! = D

RinJuice Nov 22, 2009 03:33 PM

to me this seems useless because you have an automatic gearbox. It also doesn't look to good...

eve-slow Nov 22, 2009 03:43 PM

Can we get a good explanation of what it really does? I'm stupid.

EndlessRed Nov 22, 2009 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Golden (Post 7733707)

this.

danielskshin Nov 22, 2009 05:14 PM

Take off that ARC knob...

Shoot take it all off.

Optiblue Nov 22, 2009 05:20 PM

has a more rally look~

want to sell me your metal-leather evo knob?

cool_g_83 Nov 22, 2009 05:33 PM

Reminds me of forest gump's leg braces as a kid :crap:

btownsoccer22 Nov 22, 2009 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by cool_g_83 (Post 7734128)
Reminds me of forest gump's leg braces as a kid :crap:

Or that thing that comes out of inspector gadgets head

Clark_Kent Nov 22, 2009 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 11XRAY (Post 7733420)
looks crazy as hell....how much was that?

$700. Another stupid JDM 'upgrade'.:rolleyes:

philamthebest Nov 22, 2009 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Golden (Post 7733707)

lol

RallyGoneEvo Nov 22, 2009 06:21 PM

Reminds me of those girls that put rings on their necks to stretch them out

SpeedI2acerX Nov 22, 2009 06:27 PM

it does look kinda off. its like your shifter is on crutches.

Q8_EVO Nov 22, 2009 06:29 PM

I like the ARC knob.. but the shifter... ehh

stokEd Nov 22, 2009 07:39 PM

That looks pretty cool, how do you like it? Is it taller than stock?

whoang40 Nov 22, 2009 07:43 PM

I'm not feeling it, not worth the price. As long as you're happy-it's your thing I guess. For a second I thought it was a sequential shifter for a GSR:lol:

FLOW1 Nov 22, 2009 08:18 PM

Ehh...

4g634life Nov 22, 2009 08:30 PM

even coltspeed its self dosnt know what it does lol- they just give a price

Harro Nov 22, 2009 08:40 PM

Wha.. how often do you even need to touch the shifter in an automatic? This is silly.

evofan_08 Nov 22, 2009 08:46 PM

Whoa, I never thought I'd see the day when someone ran out of stuff to buy for an Evo, so they just started buying any ol' Jdm crap. If u wanna spend money just write me a check, seriously though that looks like a Japanese torture device for your hand and the shift knob is the bait. To each his own, just do a 5speed conversion on your car if u wanna rock an arc knob obviously money isn't a problem for u.

Frankiago Nov 22, 2009 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by 4g634life (Post 7734662)
even coltspeed its self dosnt know what it does lol- they just give a price

The only thing in this thread that made me laugh other than post #1 :D

wongck Nov 23, 2009 12:12 AM

I think it would look better with a different shift knob. The ball just doesn't look right. Pretty curious what it's really for

Karam Nov 23, 2009 12:16 AM

Wow, thats awesome. Looks like a true sequential shifter! Interesting on a road car!

UT_EvoX Nov 23, 2009 12:21 AM

Why did you even post this? That's seriously some of the dumbest **** I've ever seen on an Evo. Send that back and give that money to charity, Jesus f-ing christ.

And I'm serious, that has got to be one of the dumbest and riciest mods I've ever seen on an Evo... I've got not a single positive thing to say about that except that the ARC knob is nice. lol

flyboytb Nov 23, 2009 12:35 AM

JDM fanboys FTL... its nearly pointless looks like crap and is likely expensive... FAIL.

anasmak11 Nov 23, 2009 01:03 AM

obviously u have a lot of money,, u should have bought yourself a GTR, which wont leave u with so much money to spend it on crap..

Or wrap the car in chrome and go to Dubai..

ACDnsuperAYCfan Nov 23, 2009 01:55 AM

This thing as title states "GT Shifter" Suppose according to COLTSpeed website this is would give the driver to enjoy the car like "driving a GT or wrc machine" when in sport shift mode.

hm.. sounds interesting.. but perhaps TS can explain a little more.. ?!

TeKiZeRo Nov 23, 2009 02:34 AM

Looks like something that was meant to be for a manual or sequential. It's just kind like (?_?) when it's on a non-manual car.

BlueDevil_X Nov 23, 2009 03:28 AM

I think it looks cool as hell...big props fro something different

str8kor Nov 23, 2009 03:41 AM

wow, pretty nifty lookin

AJR-Coco Nov 23, 2009 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by UT_EvoX (Post 7735084)
Why did you even post this? That's seriously some of the dumbest **** I've ever seen on an Evo. Send that back and give that money to charity, Jesus f-ing christ.

And I'm serious, that has got to be one of the dumbest and riciest mods I've ever seen on an Evo... I've got not a single positive thing to say about that except that the ARC knob is nice. lol

Ballin outta Control! ARC Knob is quite nice

Domolution Nov 23, 2009 03:58 AM

Funny thing is, he's barely gonna use that! :lol:

Umm.......closing this page.

Domolution Nov 23, 2009 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by ut_evox (Post 7735084)
why did you even post this? That's seriously some of the dumbest **** i've ever seen on an evo. Send that back and give that money to charity, jesus f-ing christ.

And i'm serious, that has got to be one of the dumbest and riciest mods i've ever seen on an evo... I've got not a single positive thing to say about that except that the arc knob is nice. Lol

+3212124

raytrix Nov 23, 2009 04:48 AM

You can shoot missiles with it now.

You don't need to hold the red tab when your in manual mode for shifting up or down, just move the stick up and down.

hotdog Nov 23, 2009 04:55 AM

Do you actually use the stick to manually shift? From all of my rides in friends MRs/Ralliarts, they always used the paddles.

bye2u Nov 23, 2009 05:21 AM

you can use the stick to shift manually aswell

Blitz Nov 23, 2009 05:50 AM

This is the greatest example I have ever seen of "check out how much money I blow on useless JDM upgrades" backfiring. Honestly, I'm proud of you guys.

Silentbob812 Nov 23, 2009 05:56 AM

Jesus, now he has to reach up to put it in drive. Serious waste.

RallyGoneEvo Nov 23, 2009 06:01 AM

And notice he hasnt posted since the first starting of the thread lol.

ExousiaZion Nov 23, 2009 06:07 AM

As stated earlier his money not ours. I hope you enjoy it man.

hotdog Nov 23, 2009 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by bye2u (Post 7735280)
you can use the stick to shift manually aswell

Yeah, I know you can. Just wondered if the OP actually did.

It is obviously a prime example of "look at my bank account lol", but it adds to the hilarity if he typically uses the paddles to shift :p

Domolution Nov 23, 2009 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by RallyGoneEvo (Post 7735352)
And notice he hasnt posted since the first starting of the thread lol.

I WAS JUST about to post that until i read yours, LoL! Hahaha!

markmacoy Nov 23, 2009 07:19 AM

:lol: ITS AN AUTOMATIC CAR WHY DO YOU NEED THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR YOU JUST BUY COZ ITS JDM, WOOOOOOOOOOOOW JDM!!!!!!

LVSBB6 Nov 23, 2009 08:03 AM

This is as useless as any aftermarket shift knob that most people have one in their car, except this shifter does change the dynamics of your shifting, not just for looks.

It is a functional part IF you use your SST like me as I usually shift gears using the base shifter, not the paddles.

The stock shifter location I find sits a little low and far from the steering wheel, this GT shifter brings the knob much closer so there's much less travel to reach between the steering wheel and the shifter.

You can buy a very long aftermarket shift knob and get similar effect, but operating the shifter lock would be a little awkward.

If you like shifting via the paddles or only drive in Auto mode, then this part is not worthwhile.

But if you like shifting using the base shifter in your daily driving or at the track, I'm sure you will like it as much as I do.

Silver06evo9mr Nov 23, 2009 08:08 AM

there ya go. all the haters keep hating. If he has the money why not.

dvscore Nov 23, 2009 09:44 AM

That looks sick.

Opium Nov 23, 2009 12:05 PM

I guess there's a method to the madness. Personally I think it's overkill but it all comes down to what you like, not what everyone else thinks. Your car will always be the bad ass MR in my book! {thumbup}

n4s Nov 23, 2009 12:49 PM

IMO it looks good and would be functional if you shift using the base shifter (I agree that the base shifter is a little too low)...

i find it hilarious that some of you are spewing so much hate on this shifter.. haha. you guys need to chill.... obviously $$ isn't an issue so why the f'k not?

Evostare Nov 23, 2009 03:10 PM

Wow.. like many others have said, thats pretty freaking useless and just looks plain retarded dude.. im not gonna do a "don't mean to offend you" bs cause i hope you get offended and that you take this **** off, put it on your chair and ass **** it..

lol, on a more serious note... its your money, but dude.. you coulda gotten something better, like a damn laptop to tune your own car, or **** a damn blow up doll, SOMETHING that would'nt look so damn stupid.. hell, you shoulda just sent me a damn check to help toward my damn suspension fund lol..

Bob Evolved Nov 23, 2009 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Evostare (Post 7737133)
Wow.. like many others have said, thats pretty freaking useless and just looks plain retarded dude.. im not gonna do a "don't mean to offend you" bs cause i hope you get offended and that you take this **** off, put it on your chair and ass **** it..

lol, on a more serious note... its your money, but dude.. you coulda gotten something better, like a damn laptop to tune your own car, or **** a damn blow up doll, SOMETHING that would'nt look so damn stupid.. hell, you shoulda just sent me a damn check to help toward my damn suspension fund lol..

wow

GPTourer Nov 23, 2009 03:21 PM

I like it. It gives it that industrial, rally all business sequential shifter look.

But seven hunion? Uh-uh.

Evostare Nov 23, 2009 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Evolved (Post 7737160)
wow

lol you noticed that i was being sarcastic right?.... :D

MrMeaner Nov 23, 2009 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Milf_Hunter_V (Post 7733498)
it doesn't matter what it do or how it looks, as long as it's a reputable JDM company, this dude will throw it bag.. Interesting piece, looks cool i guess..

It doesn't matter what it does OR how it looks?
:confused:Gotta be the stupidest load of horse crap I've read on here in a long time. Thanks for making the retard statement of the year and taking me out of posting hibernation. Seriously, you win with that idiotic comment. :crap:
{thumbdwn}{thumbdwn}{thumbdwn}

MrMeaner Nov 23, 2009 03:34 PM

Oh yeah, and that mod is worthless. Ugly and not even worth it's weight in aluminum.

Evostare Nov 23, 2009 03:37 PM

BUAHAAHAHAHAH! ^

can i use that as a sig?!!? please!!!

AJ PwR Nov 23, 2009 03:41 PM

I like it.

I checked the price on Colt Speed's site and it is going for 28000yen so should be around $310USD range.

MrMeaner Nov 23, 2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Evostare (Post 7737238)
BUAHAAHAHAHAH! ^

can i use that as a sig?!!? please!!!

yes, yes you may. :cool:

essjEVO Nov 23, 2009 04:36 PM

you guys swear like your worthless pennies, will make him stop buying "stupid" mods. he's stackin money and hes going to use it!

Evostare Nov 23, 2009 05:57 PM

In that case I'm going to buy airplane wings and attach them to the side of my car, hell its my money but its going to look ridiculous and NOT work..

CP9A-EVO Nov 23, 2009 06:43 PM

I like it. I also find that the stock shifter sits a bit low. If it is around 300usd, I think it is reasonable for a Jdm product. All jdm are overpriced anyways.

beetle_orange Nov 23, 2009 07:02 PM

cant believe all the hate here, as previously stated by a number of forumers, its his money so why cant we let him be? if he looks "stupid" with it who cares right? its not like you are sitting beside him anyways....jeez

raytrix Nov 23, 2009 07:40 PM

I though having balling parts are for Form, Fit, Function. I only see the Fit but no real improvement in the Form and Function department.

Example, Do Luck Duck Trunk allows the Evo to retain some downforce to some degree while going wingless.
Voltex Wing adds more downforce at the same time adds style if your into GT wings.
Canards when angled right and spaced out right, adds downforce.
Weighted shift knobs help with quickers shifts since the momentum of the weight carries between gates with less effort from the driver.
Lighter wheels like Volks add styling and performance.
Aftermarket seats are lighter than factory heavy seats with airbag. (you do lose safety but gain comfort and less weight)
Exhaust adds styling and performance over stock

But this shifter add on is really not necessary. Wheres the Form and Function to improve on an auto box? I'm sure every racer out there that races the MR need to shift to reverse as fast as possible when in a forward gear. All I see is stick envy, should of gotten a manual.

EVO VII georgia Nov 23, 2009 11:43 PM

i like it;)

EndlessRed Nov 24, 2009 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by beetle_orange (Post 7737894)
cant believe all the hate here, as previously stated by a number of forumers, its his money so why cant we let him be? if he looks "stupid" with it who cares right? its not like you are sitting beside him anyways....jeez

you're right. it's his money.

and by that thinking, he chose to post it for the world to see.

so guess what? he did what he want. and people replied. this is a forum, no?

if you had it and i was just staring at it from the window, i would've cracked up regardless.

Jyrk Nov 24, 2009 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by LVSBB6 (Post 7733359)

Nobody noticed the real problem!
The car is in gear and running but nobody is driving!

LVSBB6 Nov 24, 2009 07:15 AM

So I guess you are not aware that SST allows you to shift between gears (1st to 6th gear) via the base shifter, you thought it only allows you to shift between P, R, D gear :rolleyes::lol:

If you see a good purpose of a weighted shift knob, then this GT shifter makes an even greater difference in sequential gearbox shifting because it brings the shifter much closer to the steering wheel, the offset of the gear shifter also brings it a little closer to the drive so there is less reach for the driver to shift between gears during driving. The shifter sits basically right beside the steering wheel, its much quicker and convenient to reach the shifter during aggressive driving.

The SST is a sequential gear box, it makes perfect sense to put in a sequential type gear shifter in there.

This part has nothing to do with a traditional manual gearbox. SST is superior to a traditional manual gear box in terms of the speed of gear shifting, this GT shifter further enhance the dynamics of shifting by reducing the driver's hand movement between the steering wheel and shifter. You will notice huge improvement in aggressive driving where you have to constantly shift up and down between gears.

Again this part serves its real purpose ONLY for those who likes to shift +/- gears using the base shifter in daily driving.

There is no point to get this part if you use the paddles shifts behind the steering wheel, or drive the car in automatic D mode.

Its too funny to see people who has never driven a SST before, basically jumps right into conclusions based on assumptions.

Originally Posted by raytrix (Post 7738018)
I though having balling parts are for Form, Fit, Function. I only see the Fit but no real improvement in the Form and Function department.

Weighted shift knobs help with quickers shifts since the momentum of the weight

But this shifter add on is really not necessary. Wheres the Form and Function to improve on an auto box? I'm sure every racer out there that races the MR need to shift to reverse as fast as possible when in a forward gear. All I see is stick envy, should of gotten a manual.

MR. Tim Nov 24, 2009 07:28 AM

Doing it for you is one thing. If you like it or want it then go for it. But you wanted to share, opening yourself up to good and bad comments. It seems like 90% of the people here agree that it is not something they would want. I personally think it looks gaudy and would want to run over bunnies and kittens every time i got in my car and saw that monstrosity.

But, i dont knock that you like it. And thats really all that matters.

philamthebest Nov 24, 2009 08:05 AM

I'm not trying to be a hater so please don't take it that way... What was wrong with the original shifter? The original shifter looks nice and works great. i shift always with the shifter,not the paddles. I just don't see what it does over the stock one?

Evostare Nov 24, 2009 09:16 AM

The rest of your car is PURE SEX, seriously, why ruin it by adding that piece?, i think most of us wouldn't be so negative about it if it was installed on a GSR. But it's your car and this is a forum, you post pictures of "new" things, we just give our opinion.

LVSBB6 Nov 24, 2009 09:21 AM

Nothing wrong with the original shifter, it is fine and does its job as it. I just find its position sit a little bit low and far from the steering wheel.

What this piece does is bring the shift point higher and the shifter column offset closer to the driver, so there is less distance for your hand to travel between the steering wheel and the shifter.

It may not sound that much of a difference in words, but if you are doing some aggressive driving and you constantly shift between gears with the shifter, this makes a huge difference because the shifter is physically right beside the steering wheel.

I had a bit of doubt at this piece at first glance, but since I got it at a reasonably good price I gave it a shot. It only takes a few minutes of driving to appreciate its positive effect on the improved shifting position.

Originally Posted by philamthebest (Post 7739296)
I'm not trying to be a hater so please don't take it that way... What was wrong with the original shifter? The original shifter looks nice and works great. i shift always with the shifter,not the paddles. I just don't see what it does over the stock one?

Grip Master Nov 24, 2009 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by LVSBB6 (Post 7739107)
So I guess you are not aware that SST allows you to shift between gears (1st to 6th gear) via the base shifter, you thought it only allows you to shift between P, R, D gear :rolleyes::lol:

If you see a good purpose of a weighted shift knob, then this GT shifter makes an even greater difference in sequential gearbox shifting because it brings the shifter much closer to the steering wheel, the offset of the gear shifter also brings it a little closer to the drive so there is less reach for the driver to shift between gears during driving. The shifter sits basically right beside the steering wheel, its much quicker and convenient to reach the shifter during aggressive driving.

Mitsubishi solved that problem from the factory.... they put these little flat things behind the steering wheel, called paddles, so that the driver doesn't have to take his hands off the steering wheel.... http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/imag...lies/dunno.gif

buchnerj Nov 24, 2009 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by RinJuice (Post 7733858)
to me this seems useless because you have an automatic gearbox. It also doesn't look to good...

This {thumbup} Sorry OP

LVSBB6 Nov 24, 2009 09:36 AM

The paddles are not so great on winding road I find, as they do not following the steering wheel as you turn so I prefer using the shifter to avoid hunting down the paddles when shifting in corners.

With the base shifter you won`t have the same issue, but you will have to take your hand off the steering wheel to shift between gears.

This GT shifter serves as the bridge to let you use the base shifter, and cut down the time of your hand coming off the steering wheel significantly.

Originally Posted by Grip Master (Post 7739573)
Mitsubishi solved that problem from the factory.... they put these little flat things behind the steering wheel, called paddles, so that the driver doesn't have to take his hands off the steering wheel.... http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/imag...lies/dunno.gif

MR. Tim Nov 24, 2009 09:57 AM

Here's the real question: If function and form were the same, and it would have said "Megan Racing" on it or "TWM" would you still have bought it?

raytrix Nov 24, 2009 09:58 AM

weighted shift knob example was meant for "manual" cars not automatic.

But you do make a good point about it being higher for easier to get to from the wheel. Then again why did they invent the paddle shifters if you don't use it? That's even closer to the wheel than the gear selector on your center console.

During a turn you can still take one hand off the wheel and quickly tap the paddle and then reposition your hand on the wheel faster that reaching for the center console.

LVSBB6 Nov 24, 2009 10:10 AM

As said in post #89, the paddles are not so great on winding roads as they do not following the steering wheel as you turn, so you have to constantly find the paddles when you change gears while turning. It works great and very convenient for normal daily driving, but in more aggressive driving situations where there is a lot of turns this may drive you nuts.

By using the base shifter you won`t encouter the same problem, but you will have to take your hand off the steering wheel to shift between gears.

This GT shifter is the linkage between the two methods, which allows let you use the base shifter, and reduce the time of your hand needed to come off the steering wheel when shifting.

Originally Posted by raytrix (Post 7739683)
But you do make a good point about it being higher for easier to get to from the wheel. Then again why did they invent the paddle shifters if you don't use it? That's even closer to the wheel than the gear selector on your center console.

raytrix Nov 24, 2009 10:16 AM

I guess it boils down to personal preferences. I never seen a jap video like the moto-ring series that showed the driver using the stick. Seem like they prefer the paddles and look so comfortable using them during turns and straights. Didn't know it was that hard to find the paddles since they are fixed on the neck instead of with the wheel. Like i would always know to look at my 3 and 9 when looking straight to find the paddles.

LVSBB6 Nov 24, 2009 10:26 AM

Exactly. It all comes down to your driving habits and what you find most comfortable with.

F1 cars have paddles that rotates with the steering wheel for good reason, and some car manufacturers too. There are good and bad reasons for both mounting options, again it all comes down to your personal preference.

Maybe the BM guys also find the base shifter too low, plus the Tsukuba track doesn`t have a lot of tight twisties any way so it doesn`t really matter. Just my guess.

Originally Posted by raytrix (Post 7739749)
I guess it boils down to personal preferences. I never seen a jap video like the moto-ring series that showed the driver using the stick. Seem like they prefer the paddles and look so comfortable using them during turns and straights. Didn't know it was that hard to find the paddles since they are fixed on the neck instead of with the wheel. Like i would always know to look at my 3 and 9 when looking straight to find the paddles.

UT_EvoX Nov 24, 2009 10:29 AM

Is this thread really going on still?

How much TRACK driving do you do exactly, if you're going to be touting this ricey-ass shifter as such?

swingarm Nov 24, 2009 04:44 PM

I would like to use the console shifter more but it's just short enough to make shifting uncomfortable. I like the general idea of this shifter but at $700(is that right?!?!) and the excessive design makes me say skip it.

LVSBB6 Nov 24, 2009 04:52 PM

No, MSRP is $300.

Originally Posted by swingarm (Post 7740998)
I would like to use the console shifter more but it's just short enough to make shifting uncomfortable. I like the general idea of this shifter but at $700(is that right?!?!) and the excessive design makes me say skip it.

weap0n Nov 24, 2009 04:52 PM

psst...

You shouldn't be changing gears in corners anyway....

...unless you want to be going slower and upset the car's balance...

RE: Street Cars.

That is all...

wongck Nov 24, 2009 06:16 PM

I still think it would look a lot better if you replaced the ball-style shift knob with something that matches the shifter. What does the red lever do??

raytrix Nov 24, 2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by wongck (Post 7741229)
I still think it would look a lot better if you replaced the ball-style shift knob with something that matches the shifter. What does the red lever do??

Shoots missiles

LVSBB6 Nov 24, 2009 11:01 PM

I may replace it with a column type knob, the red lever lifts up the shift lock to switch between P, R, N, D.

Originally Posted by wongck (Post 7741229)