Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Active Steering, Active Braking, next generation of chassis development

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Active Steering, Active Braking, next generation of chassis development

remember this article?

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...eel_drive.html

chronohunter piqued my re-interest when he commented on holding out for the next gen (or maybe even just MY) of evo X with active systems (damping, braking, steering, lighting). does anyone have any new insight, data, rumors, etc on any of those systems?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was hoping active damping would be available on the X. but the more i thought about it the more i think it would have just added weight. the GTR has active dampers and on the comfort setting it's still rock hard. IMO unless mitsu plans to do it right, don't do it at all.

as for active steering. BAD idea. i've yet to see an active steering system work perfectly. BMW's system is good for everyday driving, but if you intend to go fast. you want consistency and predictability, not some computer trying to figure out what you want. even mitsu's AYC has problems with the slalom and that system has been constantly refined for years. can't imagine how long it'll take to perfect active steering.