Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

TPMS problem with Work 11R-FT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Anyways, I hope you get it figured out man. They're a really nice set of wheels. Damn if we could just find some way to delete the sensor.

So there is officially no way to delete this? I hate that when its slightly colder outside than normal it flips out and then it warms up and is fine. I want a car without TPMS...I'd gladly check my tire pressure regularly to not have this annoying light on
Old Jun 16, 2011, 07:41 PM

i have the same problem with my new 11r- ft .I hate the TPMS thing.......
Old Jun 17, 2011, 04:00 PM

I wonder if Work is aware of this issue? Given that the box said '07+ Evolution on it, I would imagine that they were designed to fit the Evo X. I PM'd RavSpec and of course they said that the sensors fit without any issues...
Old Jun 20, 2011, 05:42 AM

Had a set of Work 11R's on the wife's car since last April (minus the winter months here of course) and had ZERO issues with the TPMS leaking. Weird.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:48 PM

it depend on the tires size and the 11R-ft is just o litle diffent from the inside of the wheel
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by robinsmark
Had a set of Work 11R's on the wife's car since last April (minus the winter months here of course) and had ZERO issues with the TPMS leaking. Weird.
What size wheels and tires were you running?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:57 PM

I'm running 18x10.5+22 with RE-11 265-35 so the wheels got no space for the tpms
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sly Moose
What size wheels and tires were you running?
18X9.5 +12 with the stock 245/40 Advans until they die and get replaced with likely 265/35's of one sort or another.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:58 PM

I have 18x10.5 +22 with 275/35/18 Hankook V12 Evo's. Do these tires run skinny? They are slightly stretched but nothing crazy.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They just may not sit flush on the wheel.

Contact work and let them know, see if they can hook you up with some free swag

Your choices are to get aftermarket TPMS sensors that would work, or use the normal valve stems. Although i agree with the other member to dismount the tire just to make sure that it not sitting flush is the case and not some other issue.

Last edited by Gruppe-S; Jun 24, 2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:16 AM

I sent an email to Work about this issue and included the link to this thread in hopes of getting some sort of resolution to this problem. I'll keep you all posted once I hear back.

*EDIT*

Work responded saying "all of the Emotion wheels are TPMS compatible and said that we need to make sure that the rubber seal is sitting properly with adequate amount of pressure applied to the adapter that holds the metal ring in front of the TPMS sensor/wheel."

It's not that I don't believe what he is saying, I just find it very hard to believe that there are this many people having the same problem.

Last edited by Sly Moose; Jun 25, 2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:37 AM

I wonder if Work is aware of this issue? Given that the box said '07+ Evolution on it, I would imagine that they were designed to fit the Evo X. I PM'd RavSpec and of course they said that the sensors fit without any issues...
Mine said lexus on the box.

Work responded saying "all of the Emotion wheels are TPMS compatible and said that we need to make sure that the rubber seal is sitting properly with adequate amount of pressure applied to the adapter that holds the metal ring in front of the TPMS sensor/wheel."
I would have to agree. Just got mine installed today and they did a quick swap and noticed it was leaking. One of the guys disappeared for a few minutes and came back with what looked like an repair kit. He replaced the seal and added a washer and no leaks so far.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by souji
Mine said lexus on the box.

I would have to agree. Just got mine installed today and they did a quick swap and noticed it was leaking. One of the guys disappeared for a few minutes and came back with what looked like an repair kit. He replaced the seal and added a washer and no leaks so far.
Any updates on this? Have your wheels leaked at all?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:22 AM

Any updates on this? Have your wheels leaked at all?
Nope. No leaks yet. It does need to be lowered. Love the aggressive stance and the improved cornering. Not too fond of the increased sensitivity.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

I am about to install some 18x9.5 +22 GramLights 57G with 265/35 rubber. Any idea if I will run into a similar situation if I move over the TPMS. I dont know how there isnt a list of wheels that the TPMS will transfer over too.
Are that many people running without TMPS? It seems like a pain if it throws the code every time. you open the freaking door.

Anyways any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: TPMS problem with Work 11R-FT