Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fortune coilover height adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortune coilover height adjustment?

So im about to install my Fortune Auto 500 coilover tomorrow and i just have a question, how do you adjust the height after you install it on your car? i know theres 2 locking collar upper and lower. the upper is for adjusting your preload which you dont want to mess with after you have it preset. but you adjust the lower you need to take the lower mount off and spin the whole coilover? i was under the impression you can adjust the height after its installed.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
If you loosen the lower locking collar you can use the upper coallars (bound together/tightened already) to twist the entire assembly to raise/lower the car without disassembling everything.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A day and a half later finally got the coilovers in and dialed in. The rears are a pain to put in. If your using a Jack and not a lift there's really no room to loosen the but. Also It seems the metal bushing on the fortune coilovers are a mm bigger then the original. I had to shaved off some metal to push it in. Adjusting the ride height in the rear can only be done with the tires off. So unmount tire, adjust, remount and lower car(repeat). The front ones is only possible if you got small arms. Overall I'm happy with the coilovers no noise and no problems.