Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Lifting the Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Lifting the Evo?

has anyone thought about lifting the Evo i would just like an inch or half an inch more of clearance.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm assuming that you will probably be the only person asking to actually raise the ride height. Most people drop the car to get rid of the wheel gap pretty much as soon as they buy one (myself included) lol..
Old Apr 12, 2016, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Are you rallycrossing it or something similar?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 07:39 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Lift via adjustable coilovers. Also assuming this is for some sort of rally?

K-sport gravel spec is probably what you're looking for. http://ksportusa.com/products/coilovers/rally-spec-gr/

(moving to suspension section)
Old Apr 12, 2016, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not rally crossing and i think imma go with air ride after all so it can look nice and low and then can pick it up when i want. the AccuAir System looks pretty good
Old Apr 12, 2016, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by bdean531
I'm assuming that you will probably be the only person asking to actually raise the ride height. Most people drop the car to get rid of the wheel gap pretty much as soon as they buy one (myself included) lol..
there are more then one people raised it, you can find them at the motorsport section, but no one uses air lift only Show guys. So when they have to go on drive way etc they can raise the car or speed bumps. but I think the air cup is a better option at least looks better idea to me.

You need those air caps or what ever they call them over your coilovers.

https://vimeo.com/61915047
The following users liked this post:
CRC3EVO (Apr 12, 2016)
Old Apr 12, 2016, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
What is the quality of those K-sport Gravels? It seems pretty cheap whereas everything else costs a kiloton of cash for that application. In their description, it seems like they expect most to live in dual use street/rally applications.

Originally Posted by migs647
Lift via adjustable coilovers. Also assuming this is for some sort of rally?

K-sport gravel spec is probably what you're looking for. http://ksportusa.com/products/coilovers/rally-spec-gr/

(moving to suspension section)
Old Apr 12, 2016, 08:50 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Eh, they aren't Ohlins, that's for sure

I think for occasional rallycross they are fine, but anything stage related I wouldn't use them. I've seen good things about Reiger and Proflex. I prefer Ohlins, but I'm not where near as experienced as others here.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by moparfan
What is the quality of those K-sport Gravels? It seems pretty cheap whereas everything else costs a kiloton of cash for that application. In their description, it seems like they expect most to live in dual use street/rally applications.
dont buy them. dont buy anything go for gravel under at least $6k. They are ALL hoax.
I have been tried many coils to get around a big price tag ones. All miserably failed. Sone even less the 3 miles in the stage... Like AMR on gravel, KW V3 on tarmac in the 4th stage collapesed etc. With that i actually ended up paying property damage and the car suffered body damage, plus cost me a race position a big time. fall out of the race and started next day a last place, loosing the Natianal championship points on that race,, lossing first day regional race entirely. Finished the race next day on stock suspension 3rd place in class. Cheap suspension cost you money, races and only creates additional problems. Cheap is become a lot more expensive then an actual giod exoensive suspension set uo. Do it once do it right. learn from my mistakes.

Reiger i have now, and its actually i think falls into the cheating the Competition part. They are that good. You cant describe it you have to feel it. Its insane. either tarmac or gravel you name it. Car flat and predictable at any speed and surface. And behaves a same.

for the Evo you shouldn't buy anything for gravel besides Ohlins and if you wanna spend more and do better Reigers.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Apr 13, 2016 at 06:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
migs647 (Apr 17, 2016)
Old Apr 16, 2016, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
dont buy them. dont buy anything go for gravel under at least $6k. They are ALL hoax.
I have been tried many coils to get around a big price tag ones. All miserably failed. Sone even less the 3 miles in the stage... Like AMR on gravel, KW V3 on tarmac in the 4th stage collapesed etc. With that i actually ended up paying property damage and the car suffered body damage, plus cost me a race position a big time. fall out of the race and started next day a last place, loosing the Natianal championship points on that race,, lossing first day regional race entirely. Finished the race next day on stock suspension 3rd place in class. Cheap suspension cost you money, races and only creates additional problems. Cheap is become a lot more expensive then an actual giod exoensive suspension set uo. Do it once do it right. learn from my mistakes.

Reiger i have now, and its actually i think falls into the cheating the Competition part. They are that good. You cant describe it you have to feel it. Its insane. either tarmac or gravel you name it. Car flat and predictable at any speed and surface. And behaves a same.

for the Evo you shouldn't buy anything for gravel besides Ohlins and if you wanna spend more and do better Reigers.
^^^This. If going amateur on gravel, the stock KYB/Bilsteins will suffice. If playing it seriously, any cheap systems under $6K is no-go.