Notices
EvoM Announcements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Infinite Scroll is now live - Read all about it!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Infinite Scroll is now live - Read all about it!

We are launching Infinite Scroll and a feature which will offer related threads associated with your subject. Infinite scroll is a new faster way to scroll through threads instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to keep reading additional posts. Also you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread content.

We'd love your feedback! Be it positive or negative, please don't hesitate to leave us your thoughts below. Likewise, we're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality. If you would like to keep the standard thread view with separate pages, or simply want to remove related threads, head to the User CP > Edit Options page and simply disable “Infinite Scroll” or “Related Threads.” You can access your User Control Panel from the link below.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...do=editoptions

Bob.

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
So that's what happened!
Idea is good. Pros and cons to it on my phone. Pro is it is more continuous. Con is it takes time to load and I tend to start reading right away to find paragraphs keep shifting as advertisements keep pushing posts down. I haven't gotten used to this yet. Need to learn to wait until everything is loaded before reading or navigating.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 02:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
I noticed that this site is definetly not as popular as it was in the past.
Posts arnt updated by other members as before.
if i was a sponsor, id stop sponsoring because its not worth it!
Are sponsors leaving??
Old Mar 8, 2018, 05:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer
So that's what happened!
Idea is good. Pros and cons to it on my phone. Pro is it is more continuous. Con is it takes time to load and I tend to start reading right away to find paragraphs keep shifting as advertisements keep pushing posts down. I haven't gotten used to this yet. Need to learn to wait until everything is loaded before reading or navigating.
Hi!

Great feedback, what mobile device, OS and browser? Are you using a mobile app or the default template? Thank you very much!

Bob
Old Mar 8, 2018, 05:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
I noticed that this site is definetly not as popular as it was in the past.
Posts arnt updated by other members as before.
if i was a sponsor, id stop sponsoring because its not worth it!
Are sponsors leaving??
OK, what's your point?

The same thing happens on other automotive communities where the platform is no longer in production. However, Evom is unique because the Evo platform offers the best 'bang' for your modifying buck. IB will be adding a new Marketplace to Evom which will make it easier to sell, buy, trade and part out Evo/Lancer parts. Should be fun for years.

Bob
The following users liked this post:
silverevo05 (Dec 27, 2018)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Bob,
I'm usually on Desktop Site mode on my Android Chrome. The default usually has lots of shortcut URLs missing (although I haven't tried it recently). I'll try in default today and get to you if there are changes. I notice the navigation bar at bottom is tiny and I think we can navigate similar to the old view. I'll try this out more later.

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Hi!

Great feedback, what mobile device, OS and browser? Are you using a mobile app or the default template? Thank you very much!

Bob
Old Mar 8, 2018, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

I actually like the default mobile settings now!! Font sizes are automatically adjusted so I don't need to zoom in and everything on screen is all that I need to browse and comment (and it loads MUCH quicker!).
Old Mar 10, 2018, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

I noticed that advertisments on webpages are loading much quicker. Did you reduce their resolution or reduce that amount of ads per page shortly after I wrote about it in post 2? In addition, I haven't gotten one of those Win something redirects for a few days.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
OK, what's your point?

The same thing happens on other automotive communities where the platform is no longer in production. However, Evom is unique because the Evo platform offers the best 'bang' for your modifying buck. IB will be adding a new Marketplace to Evom which will make it easier to sell, buy, trade and part out Evo/Lancer parts. Should be fun for years.

Bob
As a business owner my point is if i was a sponsor I’d stop sponsoring because its not worth. I noticed vendors downgraded their membership too, obviously thats the sign its not worth to spend the money on this site!
Also some vendors here act like they dont even know what an EVO, mostly bull**** stuff selling vendors that only bump their posts and never read a question that people ask, what a ****ing joke those ******* vendors are!
The following users liked this post:
Fox_IX (Jan 25, 2019)